Tutorials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorials?

Are there any Tutorials for coding and how do you change ammo type and attack damage of a gun???

Why yes there are my man, check out the bottom link of my signature for more details...

Hope that helps.

Comment

its surprisingly easy. If u wanna mess with the minigun, look for the Ownage Cannon class pack on my mod site, and there are some examples on how to tweak the damage, make ur own ammo, ect...

Comment

www.masteringunreal.com <- Video Tutorials - very good place to start :] There is a lesson about changing gun damage etc. Check it out

Comment

There are a lot of tuts out there for coding, but honestly the best way to learn is to unpack all those files and start messing aorund with a custom gametype. A lot of the video tuts you'd find are pretty basic and stuff like drawing on the hud or working with ai aren't really covered. Also, I'd reccomend checking out sega500's site, although I think a lot of his tuts are for UT2003. Still helpful though.

And make sure you know the basics before you dive in!

Comment

Can someone just tell me IN THE THREAD what I have to do to change the damage of a weapon?:weird:

Comment

Wow, thats lazy...

Comment

Originally posted by Disruptor
                Wow, thats lazy...
                Well writing 3 words isn't exactly hard work either.

Comment

if its a projectile weapon (like the rocket launcher) make a new rocket projectile, and set the damage variable. If its instant hit (lightning gun, minigun, assault rifle, ect) open up the gun's fire class and change minimum and maximum damage variables.

Comment

Tell me what you want and I'll tell you step by step how to make it happen. (I mean everything, like 'open ued, click on this then that, type this and that)

I know I woulda loved someone to have done that for me when I was starting.

Shoot.

Comment

well, unreal ed dosent do anything cor compiling code, i have a basic description of how to set up context, and the folders and files u need to make a slightly modified assault rifle. if u want it, i can email sometime soon, it is a little wierd to understand if ur new to Object Oriented Programming (like c++ or java), just the way things flow and all.

Comment

Originally posted by DaJMasta
                        if its a projectile weapon (like the rocket launcher) make a new rocket projectile, and set the damage variable. If its instant hit (lightning gun, minigun, assault rifle, ect) open up the gun's fire class and change minimum and maximum damage variables.
                        Do u mean in object-->weaponfire-->instantfire-->assault(etc.)fire???
                        Because that only lets u change it for beserk and super beserk.

Comment

no sirre bob...
                          Code:
                          DamageMin=7    //i think u get it, this gun currently needs 15 hits to kill (u wanted to change these)
                              DamageMax=7
                          Thats an exceprt from a modified assault rifle primary fire class...heres a link to that tutorialish thing i was speaking of, that code is from here:

http://www.freewebs.com/yo_daddy/SuperAssaultRifle.zip

it has 4 classes, alot of comments, some decription and background, and a sample .bat file to use the execute function of Context.

Sometimes the freewebs links are wonky, so try save target as or copying the link into the browser window.

Comment

But where is the script with how much damage a weapon has in the actor lass browser in UnrealEd???

Comment

u got the right one, AssaultFire is the base, but u dont want to modify game code or ull b cicked from like every server o.O

The thing is in unrealEd, it does not display default properties, u have to export the lot of em or look somewheres else for the settings. U can also look for those variables in the decleration block near the top of the file. The default properties block is always at the bottom, and often it has alot of features that make one basic gun into the variety UT2004 has now.

Comment

Working...
                              X