Clear All

• replied
    ok,

I'll leave it as it is then
    thx for the reply's

- Xcal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I think that is about as good as you can hope for, and if it does work, I would not **** with it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not sure what would be a nice location on Wiki to post it on. I'm also not so sure wether this is very helpfull to others, no comments in it yet. And it contains multiple classes to modify sertain settings from the level instead of pressing console commands. It also completely blocked out the 1st person cam atm.

But it all consist of basic rotator and vector commands, as soon as I have everything commented in it I'll try and find a nice spot to share it =]

I do have another Script related question.

Code:
    event ActorEntered( actor Other)
    {
    local TOTNPlayerController PC;
    local controller C;

C = Pawn(Other).Controller;
                 PC = TOTNPlayerController(C);

etc.etc.
    as u can see I try to reach the TOTNPlayerController ( extended from Playercontroller ), I can't figure out a way to do this in 1 line. This isn't important though, it's working as showed above but as soon as I have the feeling things can be more effecient I try to find out how, and I haven't been really able to figure this 1 out

- Xcal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Would be nice to see your feet too

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe you could put it on the wiki? It sounds like it could be useful to a lot of people. It's always good when people share useful bits of code.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    As I said, it's done and working, I can give u the code if ur interrested, but it's quite long ( it's all inlcuding smoothing the rotation and placement of the camera to get a nice RPG style Camera )

- Xcal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I'd say you're best off making sure bBehindView is always true and then code your own system for switching between the behind camera and the environmental camera. Look at the function CalcBehindView() in the playercontroller class, that might help you out a bit.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well, UnrealEngine takes anything not being behindview as 1st person view ( bBehindView true/false)

if bBehindView is false, the Pawn is not drawn.

what I want ( for a new game ) is a behind camera and an enviromental camera. But if bBehindvView = false ( environmental ) the pawn is not drawn.

I'm not planning atm to enable a 1st person view in it so far =]

thx for ur reply, it has been very helpfull and it is working now.

- Xcal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you could have the sublcass of pawn say your in behind view but adjust your camera manually so that it's infrn of your eyes, why does it matter if you player is drawn in first person?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic 1st person view Pawn invisible

1st person view Pawn invisible

In 1st person view, the player pawn is invisible, is there a way to bypass this, so the the playerpawn is visible in behindview as well as in 1st personview ?

- Xcal
Working...
X