Objects - Spawning Actors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Objects - Spawning Actors

This has been mentioned in a few places and there was some information on the Wiki, but needing to find a solution.

I know you can't normally spawn Actors from the Object Class, because you need to have a Reference to the Actor tree to be able to use Spawn and so it handles Creation properly.

What is the best way to find an Actor to use in a subclass of Object, when there seems to be done none that are already set by Core engine code. I was able to do New command, but it doesn't do what needs to be done to init the Actor I assume, so that leaves me without a paddle.

I know I can call a Object subclass from an Actor and pass it the Actor to use to reference Spawn, but without that option, what else could be done?

I don't exactly understand what you wanna do, but that can be my noob-coding-skill. But for all things above Actor or Object, that go out of the programs reach, and really above Actor is nothing useful at first, you need to code with c++, touch the native code.
    But.. okay :>

Comment

i'm not sure if i understood what you mean, but you might want to check out the the weaponfire class(extends object, not actor)
      i think there's a spawn() function for actors there...

Comment

In Core.Object, use the function FindObject or the iterator AllObjects.

Comment

Working...
        X