No announcement yet.

Wow!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code insight or intellisence (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't help you learn a programming language.
    it just makes it easier for you to find a function/variable name.

Comment

It's nice to have it reference a function you don't call very often as well, other wise you have to go hunt the **** function down...

Comment

Originally posted by snake_pliskin
        I disagree with ya on beginners using .NET IDE or similar program that has IntelliSence type feature.
        The "IntelliSence" or any code completion functionality of an IDE isn't the problem I was refering to. These features are very helpful for newbie or veteran programmers.

I'm refering to using the .NET GUI to piece together an application while it writes the code for you behind the scenes. Again this is a very useful and time saving feature, but you should learn how to do it on your own first and then move on the GUI after you know what your doing. In most cases though you'll find you can write the code yourself, better and more efficiently than the IDE will.

I'm not saying you can't learn this way, just that you will have a greater understanding if you do it yourself. It will be of much better help to you when it comes to understanding UScript.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMethane
          The "IntelliSence" or any code completion functionality of an IDE isn't the problem I was refering to. These features are very helpful for newbie or veteran programmers.

I'm refering to using the .NET GUI to piece together an application while it writes the code for you behind the scenes. Again this is a very useful and time saving feature, but you should learn how to do it on your own first and then move on the GUI after you know what your doing. In most cases though you'll find you can write the code yourself, better and more efficiently than the IDE will.

I'm not saying you can't learn this way, just that you will have a greater understanding if you do it yourself. It will be of much better help to you when it comes to understanding UScript.
          LMAO Oh god how many times has VS.NET trashed the code for something I was working on because I switched to the GUI view! The only GUI wizard thing I found useful was the wizard to automate writing my SQL Stored procedures, but that has nothing to do with UnrealScript :/

Comment

Working...
          X