Multi-Combo on Shock Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-Combo on Shock Rifle

Hi all. I'm working on a weapon mute for 2k4. I've made 2 other weapon mutes, so I am not a complete noob, however my coding skills are pretty sucky and i'm limited to taking bits and pieces and compiling them into something that works.

I'm currently trying to make a Shock Rifle that has auto combo chain reaction like the Side Gun on the Hellbender.

The problem I ran into, is in trying to take code from ONSWeapon and use it in Weapon. ONSPRVSideGun is classed from ONSWeapon, and contains states for fire code, unlike regular weapons which use separate Fire uc classes like:

FireModeClass(0)=Class'XWeapons.ShockBeamFire'
    FireModeClass(1)=Class'XWeapons.ShockProjFire'

The two files that contain everything are:

ONSPRVSideGun.uc
    ONSSkyMine.uc

ONSSkyMine subclasses ShockProjectile, and contains the "linking combo" code which does the chain reaction.

ONSPRVSideGun contains the fire spawn code for both controllers, the projectile cores and beam, as well as some auto aiming code to help hit the projectile cores.

For the life of me, I've tried everything to get this to work. I've broken the ONSPRVSideGun into parts, putting the Core Projectile on my weapon primary fire, and the beam to my alt projectile...

I have too much code to start pasting here :P If this could be easily explained to me how to translate line 52-150 of ONSPRVSideGun into the respectable classes in Weapon like

myWeaponFire - will shoot core projectiles
    myWeaponAltFire - will shoot the beam, auto aiming to any possible combos, and linking the chain reaction

and how to modify ONSSkyMine to not use Vehicle, instead to use Weapon to help me to get this to work? I would be happy to share the code I have - Or if anyone could point me in a direction to look, or some code to study, I would be most gacious.

Thanks!

[list=1][*]PUT-shock01.wmv [*]PUT-shock02.wmv[/list=1]

Movies have been slowed to show effect.

5 Minute code and changing one function in the projectile class.
    PM me if you need more info. I won't post this code public until I am happy with it.

Comment

looks cool :up:
      what are you unhappy about?

Comment

Working...
      X