Wont work online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wont work online.

Hello, i make very weird weapon mutators and i want my friends to checkt them out but when i host them on ut2004 they dont show up for them ( they just have no weapon in their hands ) i dont know yet how to make a int. file. could that be the problem? i also put the name of my mutator in editpackages and serverpackages, but it still doesn't work. could u plz explain it to me why this is not working?

Thanks in advance

Check out the unreal wiki

Comment

told me nothing....anyone else have any ideas?

Comment

I dont have any ideas, but perhaps if you posted your code, one of these veterans might spot your problem. Although it may be an ini prolbem. Not sure how UT2004 handles mutators.

Comment

Originally posted by Cursed_Player
          told me nothing....anyone else have any ideas?
          look better then, in the wiki it says how to make an int file (and an ucl file)

Comment

If he compiles the weapons on any of the last two (or was it three) patches it should auto generate a .ucl, make sure your players are receiving this file (if they are reciving the file by connecting to the server this shoudl not be an isssu). If they have the .ucl and they still don't get the weapons, then it's a code issue.

note .int's are obsolete except for localiztion in 2004

Comment

make sure you have your package name in your ServerPackages section of the UT2004.ini

example- YourWeapon.u is in yoru system folder, so you add:

ServerPackages=YourWeapon

under the [Engine.GameEngine] section.

this tells anyone connecting to your server that they *must* have that package to play and will download from server (or specified redirect) if necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X