Problem with putting model into game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with putting model into game

Is it possible to put a model into game without any animations? The model has its own skeleton, but no anims yet, and I would just like to see it in game. When I try though, I get the following warning:

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'RunF' not found for mesh 'WiMPZombieMesh'

Is there anyway to get around this without hacking too much code... or do I just need to wait for the animations and put it all in at once?

Also, another thing, when I try to put this model in game by summoning it, if i shoot it, then the game crashes with this error:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 1820 MHz with 255MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (1240)

Assertion failed: inst->KPhysRootIndex != INDEX_NONE && inst->KPhysLastIndex != INDEX_NONE [File:.\KSkeletal.cpp] [Line: 590]

History: KInitSkeletonKarma <- KInitActorKarma <- AActor::setPhysics <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (ShieldFire DM-1on1-Crash.ShieldGun.ShieldFire0, Function Engine.WeaponFire.ModeDoFire) <- UWeaponFire::ModeTick <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Crash <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Comment

maybe you got the bones wrong?
      maybe have a look what the different karma files are for... (own skeleton could mean it needs its own ragdoll?)

as for the anims, you could just make a dummy animation(no movement) with that name until you make the real one

Comment

To see your model ingame:

- select your model in the animations browser
        - place an xPawn in the level
        - in its properties under display > mesh click the use button
        the xPawn should now have your models mesh.
        - in display > skins empty the list to have your own skins applied
        - from the actor class browser select *Keypoint > *AiScript > *ScriptedSequence > *UnrealScriptedSequence and place it into the level
        - under its Events Property enter a Tag name
        - that same name goes into the xPawn's AIScript > AIScriptTag Field
        - press return and you should see a green line extending from the AIScript Icon to your xPawn. It is now controlled by the AI script.
        - Change the AIScript > ControllerClass to 'ScriptedController'

you should now be able to see your model ingame.

For other issues concerning your character check out this page:
        http://www.sunny-d.com/ or udn.

Comment

Working...
        X