Removing the round timer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing the round timer...

Does anyone know where the script is that controls the round timer and how to remove it from my custom game type?

It's possibly in DeathMatch.uc, since all games spring from that.  If you set it to zero the round will end when some other condition is met, like score.

Comment

do u mean xDeathmatch?

Comment

No, I mean UnrealGame\Classes\DeathMatch.uc

The actual property is TimeLimit (which gets converted to RemainingTime in the function CheckReady( )).

Comment

Oh cool. I see it now. I'm trying toaffect it through my custom game that extends xDeathmatch. I should be able to a ffect the timer by changing it through the default props, right? Well, for some reason it dosen't seem to work....

Do I have to extend another class directly from deathmatch or something?

Comment

What exactly are you trying to do?  If you are making a custom Game Type and don't want users to be able to set a Time Limit, simply remove it from the options page (and set it to zero when the game starts).

Comment

I want to stop the maps from cycling. Basically I have this custom game...and I want it to stay on that custom game and custom map...and not change maps when the round ends. Basically I want it not to have rounds at all! Like setting the round time to zero in the settings.

Comment

Won't it be a little boring playing the same map for eternity?  Players' scores will simply increase forever, so UT200x (you still haven't said which version you're developing for) may well have a cry when they get too high (the time the level has been running will continue to increase too, which will also cause a problem eventually).

Anywho, check out the following code:
                Code:
                Taken from UnrealGame\Classes\DeathMatch:
                =========================================
                /* CheckReady( )
                If tournament game, make sure that there is a valid game winning criterion
                */
                function CheckReady( )
                {
                	if( ( GoalScore == 0 ) && ( TimeLimit == 0 ) )
                	{
                		TimeLimit = 20;
                		RemainingTime = 60 * TimeLimit;
                	}
                }
                This is used to trap the instance of not having an ending condition for the map, this is to avoid the problems mentioned above.  To get round it simply change the function in your custom GameType, and don't call the Super function.  I would strongly urge you to have some ending condition, and simply have one map in the rotation.

Comment

Sorry...it's for UT 2004. Yeah, I can see a major problem arising form having a round timer going on indefinetly. I using the UT engine to create a walkthrough of my apartment, so I want to have the thing exist as a mod that can just be opened an dnot cycle to another map. I'm gonna try what u suggested and see what happens.

Comment

That's a novel use for the engine.  I hope it goes well for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X