I Am A Newb! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    oh, ty for explaining it in a much more....easier way. ,but i dont think im going to mutate very much, its just to much of a hastle....i guess ill just make maps, heh. ty anyways guys. its just to difficult for me to understand all this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cursed_Player
    cool:up: umma try out the adster's website name first. see how it is. i allready looked it up and stuff, but i dont know what u ment by " The Official UTScript files " i dont know what u mean. u get more stuff from that? or is that a completely new way of making something ( as you can see i really am a complete newb ) but imma check out this wiki thing.

and mrslatezb, i will check that out too if i can't figure out this other website. ty both, and i will post more if i dont understand some things k well ty.
    The official UScript source code is all the UnrealScript code that was used to make UT2004. It's practically needed for modding because you will need to refer to it to figure out how everything in the game works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The official UScripts are the ones prepared by Epic, so all sub-objects etc have been included (but, as I said, they are for the standard retail version, and some of the classes don't contain the defaultproperties).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    cool:up: umma try out the adster's website name first. see how it is. i allready looked it up and stuff, but i dont know what u ment by " The Official UTScript files " i dont know what u mean. u get more stuff from that? or is that a completely new way of making something ( as you can see i really am a complete newb ) but imma check out this wiki thing.

and mrslatezb, i will check that out too if i can't figure out this other website. ty both, and i will post more if i dont understand some things k well ty.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Total n00bs should go to www.masteringunreal.com and try to get in on those VTM's or borrow a friends dvd/special edition of 2004 for those great tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm gonna get blasted for this, but what the Hell.  A good place to start learning UScript is: Wiki, while a little detailed sometimes it does tell you most things you'll ever need to know.

For more basic stuff try doing a search in Google for UT Tutorials, or searching this forum for other threads of a similar name, they too will have some useful links.

I'm gonna sort out a standard reply to this request sometime, as no one seems to have done one yet.  You should also d/load the official UScript files from this forum, rather than decompile them yourself (although the ones for UT2004 do have some things missing, and are not for the latest patch version either).

Leave a comment:

• started a topic I Am A Newb! Help!

I Am A Newb! Help!

Plz help me i want to learn how to start making my own mutators ( just for weapon tweaking ). can someone show me the basics on how to start changing fire rate and number of bullets etc. i would also like it if u could tell me about how to save it and make it playable. cause i hear you have to compile it to make it work. im a true newb so plz tell me and i would be so grateful TY!!!!!!!
Working...
X