Removing the countdown screen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    i've done a similar thing, and it required a fair bit of work because i wanted a custom pawn.

basically, what i did was to set gameinfo's bRestartLevel to false, then i overloaded the playercontroller so that when the auto state playerwaiting happens, the playercontroller automatically calls LoadPlayers() and SeverReStart() or something. those are the two functions that are called when the fire button gets hit.

i think that was about it! then, of course, make sure your custom gameinfo is using your new classes...

good luck!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    GameInfo: bool bDelayedStart ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Presumably your mutator somehow interacts with the gametype. So you can just do the same thing directly from your gametype.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    SO, from my custom game type, there's a way to set the properties of the countdown?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Worst comes to worst, each gametype has their own default mutator that you can set

Leave a comment:

• replied
    good idea SG007...but I need the game to start immediately once the match loads up. No fire button or anything. I need the player to be immediately in the environment...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In your custom gamytype's default properties just set CountDown to 1 so the match will begin right when you press fire.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you can do it with a mutator its bound to be doable with a gametype... Thats all I have to offer on the subject though

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Removing the countdown screen...

Removing the countdown screen...

Hey there...I'm trying to remove the countdown screen and the freelook part before a match begins. I figured out how ta do it with a mutator, but is there a way to put it inside a custom game type?
Working...
X