Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "save.tmp" problem, cannot compile

Hi everyone,

First of all, I searched a lot in this forum and managed to figure out WHY it doesn't want to compile my simple script. But I did NOT find out HOW to get rif of this.

Here's the log (everything is fine until):

Log: Success: Compiled 8 line(s), 1 statement(s).

Warning: Error deleting file '\System\Save.tmp' (0x3)
    Critical: Error opening file
    Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
    Critical: UObject::SavePackage
    Critical: UMakeCommandlet::Main
    Exit: Exiting.

The problem seems to be that ucc looks for "save.tmp" in the subdirectory "system" of my "UT2004\system" (one system too much), and there isn't a subdirectory, so ucc cannot find that file. I found this in another thread.

What I didn't find is how to get rid of this error...???

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

are you able to delete that file? manually i mean...

Comment

Originally posted by skyshooter
      are you able to delete that file? manually i mean...
      The problem is: There is no "save.tmp" :bulb:

Comment

I looked in the other topic.. nice work your working on...

Don't know if you know but ChoasUT has a own menu 2 (for ChoasUT ofcorse) maybe they can help you...

just an suggestion...

Keep up the work...

Comment

Originally posted by [T.S]Psycho
          I looked in the other topic.. nice work your working on...

Don't know if you know but ChoasUT has a own menu 2 (for ChoasUT ofcorse) maybe they can help you...

just an suggestion...

Keep up the work...
          Thank you...

As said, it's not a problem with the script itself but ucc not wanting to compile anithing anymore... :cry: :cry:

Comment

i dont really believe this is the reason but... did you write-protect the system folder?

Comment

Originally posted by skyshooter
              i dont really believe this is the reason but... did you write-protect the system folder?
              No. And I have admin rights on the PC. All programms are allowed to read and write stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                Thank you...

As said, it's not a problem with the script itself but ucc not wanting to compile anithing anymore... :cry: :cry:
                O damm my head hurts... sorry but I got a long day today... finally fixed some prob.. with my own pc (I hope...) have fixed my Grandpa's pc... etc...

And I don't have a good memory so maybe I know wat it means but at the moment I forgot...

Wat is UCC ??
                A protecting thingy from UT2004 ???

Wouldn't ChaosUT had that problem... or have they made there menu another way...

If no one knows it maybe you should contact attari, maybe they know..

Sorry but I don't know anything about codding or making mods/mutators and really don't know how to make an menu for unreal...

My prob with my pc was that my monitor gave an error durring startup (sometimes) and a few days ago my mouse and keybord started to stop working at startup or after a while after the startup... I seems that the problem is fixed... the mous I din't know but the monitor was a setting in the bios... So after I solved that problem I din't know wat to do anymore... So I asked my dad... he didn't know it ether but suggestet to update my mouse and keybord software.. so I did... Also I had changed some energie settings of the pc (in windows)... and the problem didn't came back... then I saw some strange bars on my monitor and didn't know wat 2 do.. so again I aked my dad... He didn't know 2 and suggested to ask some other people.. I did but they didn't know ether... so my dad said I had to contact the makker of the screen and so I did they gave me as answer to conect the monitor to another pc to see if he give the same problem... and if it didn't gave the problem the prob. would be with the pc and not the monitor... So I connectet it to another pc an there they where again... So now I now it's the monitor and need to contact the dealer...

.... What I am trying to say is... your asking people... now (my dad is ecual to people you can say in my storry) but they don't know so some of them say you need to ask some one with allot of knowledg about the problem in my case it was the makker of the screen in your case it are the makers of UT2004... I guess...

But oke... you have to see for your self ... aks your self.. because I don't know anything about it...

I thought maybe you could ask the CUT team becaus I know they got a menu too but don't know if it is the same as what your... making...

So really hope you can fix the problem... (maybe you could test it on another pc like me with my monitor... ?? :noob: )

Keep up the work... :up: (would like to test the alpha version when it's out...)

Comment

i dont think it has something to do with menus or not menus. UCC is the compiler used to "convert" human readable scripts to byte code.

UCC writes temporary his byte code to a file called Save.tmp. finished with compiling it copies save.tmp to myMod.u and deletes save.tmp.

now, comparing the above log with my last one, i have to say that it doesn't make any sense!
                  ucc IS NOT SUPPOSED TO DELETE THAT FILE there.

Code:
                  Log: Success: Compiled 703 line(s), 106 statement(s).

Log: Save=43.604650
                  Log: Moving 'Save.tmp' to 'swp.u'
                  you see? first it saves, then it moves save.tmp (move = copy & delete)

did you already tried to reinstall ut?

Comment

Working...
                  X