Adding Monsters and Warlords To A Assault Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by acc
    But what if the time limit is hit instead of the final objective? The monsters won't get killed and will still respawn.
    ****... hadn't thought of that...

Comment

Originally posted by acc
      But what if the time limit is hit instead of the final objective? The monsters won't get killed and will still respawn.
      Will the AS_RoundEnd shoot off its own event when either when the last obj. is completed or when the time limit hits???

If so, then I should be able to create a ScriptedTrigger to wait for the AS_RoundEnd event. Then have the ScriptedTrigger kill all the monster tags (as posted above by MarZer ). I am going to try this right now.....

Comment

That didn't work. I guess the as_endround actor doesn't shoot off an event.:cry: I'm gonna see if I can try something else. However, there is no Killall_Actors. So I am using the Action_DestroyActor. I hope that this is what you meant MarZer.

Comment

OK....I have been trying multiple methods to get this to work. However, the monsters do not want to die with a scriptedtrigger (Action_KillActor). This a problem if I can't kill the monsters on command. Does anyone have any other useful ideas that just might work?

I thought of putting a xFallingVolume at the start....however, there is no property to define the ClassPromixity (e.g. xFallingVolume effects only Monsters) thus the volume will kill all the monsters any time they decide to spawn at the start. Perhaps someone could write me a script to do this if possible? Much thanks appreciated and will put in credits as this is a big problem for me.

Comment

Coding an AS_RoundEnd to fire off the event would be easy. Also, setting up the monsters to die would be easy....

I'll lookit the code for you and see what I can do.

EDIT: I've enhanced the mySGOSpawner so you can set a tag that all monsters spawned will have. I also enhanced Trigger_ASRoundEnd so that it does fire off an event as the game ends.

These new classes are called mySGOSpawnerXP and Trigger_ASRoundEndXP.

I created a test map to see if they work, and guess what? They work! You can spawn as many monsters from a SGOSpawner as you want and have them all die at the same time. Using scripted triggers, you can have them all die on round end too! I didn't get to making them die if the time limit runs out, but you could set up a scripted trigger that was like this:

Action[0]: WaitForTimer: 0.0001
            Action[1]: DestroyActor: (MonsterTag of the spawner)

This would kill any monsters living as soon as the next round begins.

Anyway, all you need is in the example map. I will be happy to explain anything that has you stumped.

Test map and myLevel.u: http://www.marzerium.com/files/MonsterKillTest.rar

To the authour of the original SGO thingo: I didnt modify any of your original code, just added new classes that built off of what you had, If you would like to include them in the next version, feel free to do so.

Comment

HOLY &^%$ IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE THE BOMB! No more monsters spawning at start after the round ends! Even when the time limit hits, no monsters at next round!!! WOW! OMG! I cannot thank you enough!!!! If ya' want.....you can download my map with the link below! You helped me fully complete this wicked level!!!!! Thanks!

AS-PuzzleBox (~7MB)
              http://208.219.76.110/Maps/AS-PuzzleBox_v1.zip

Enjoy!

Comment

Re: HOLY &^%$ IT WORKS!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dead-X
                YOU ARE THE BOMB! No more monsters spawning at start after the round ends! Even when the time limit hits, no monsters at next round!!! WOW! OMG! I cannot thank you enough!!!! If ya' want.....you can download my map with the link below! You helped me fully complete this wicked level!!!!! Thanks!

AS-PuzzleBox (~7MB)
                http://208.219.76.110/Maps/AS-PuzzleBox_v1.zip

Enjoy!

No probs mate.

Comment

Ok....I have been doing some extensive testing on this monster spawner. I have one major flaw that I have found and can't seem to figure out....

I have figured out when exactly monsters spawn at starts now. When a player hits a monster trigger and the player dies, any monsters that did not die will instantly teleport/spawn to the player starts. Why are they doing this? Sometimes the playerstart will have a room full of monsters!?!?!?! Anyone who has played my PuzzleBox level at the end knows what im talking about. It's a big problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have tried to create a blocking volume around the starts so that the monsters will die if they even try to spawn at player starts, but does not work. :cry:

I am out of ideas on how to fix this. I have also noticed that this is a problem for others as well. Seems to be a typical common problem.

Programmers Are Probably Needed To Fix This! Please Help!

Comment

is there a solution already ????

Comment

Working...
                    X