Reversal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversal

There seems to be a 'queer' problem with my latest vehicle. It will reverse just fine, except on hills, where holding reverse only makes it stay in place. This tends to make it a real menace to bots (they reverse to go to a different node) and humans (crash into a tree while joyriding, and have to use the turret to shoot themself out).

If anyone has run into this problem before, please share the wisdom, or anyone who has experienced the same thing can just reinforce my point.

If you need a visual, download the Combat Ambulance BETA 2.1 in my sig and drive up a hill, then hit reverse.

anybody even have a simmilar problem? Or anyone have a guess of how to fix it? anything would help!

Comment

Gear ratio's? Post the code and I'll have a look. (/doesn't promise anything special)

Comment

Aite ill try it, as soon as i get home (like saturday) but i dont think its the problem.... Anyways if i remember correctly i have -.5 and -.7 for the gear ratios, the reason there is 2 is the whole ambulance mode thing, which switches the entire array, both are 5 long (or at least the right length) but it sure would make sense if i made one of em positive, but i thik it has something to do with one of the karma parameters, i have a few more ideas to try, but i think im still stuck. :cry:

Comment

Yeah, it isnt the gear ratios, though i go thru some complex switching ideas (for loops for swapping arrays) the ratios are legit. Plus I know its not the switching cause the reverse problem still exists before you switch... but heres the gear stuff anyways...

GearRatios(0)=-0.450000
          GearRatios(1)=0.350000
          GearRatios(2)=0.50000
          GearRatios(3)=0.750000
          GearRatios(4)=0.950000
          lowGearRatios(0)=-0.450000 //Low and High gears, loaded into GearRatios array
          lowGearRatios(1)=0.350000
          lowGearRatios(2)=0.50000
          lowGearRatios(3)=0.750000
          lowGearRatios(4)=0.950000
          highGearRatios(0)=-0.650000
          highGearRatios(1)=0.750000
          highGearRatios(2)=0.95000
          highGearRatios(3)=1.570000
          highGearRatios(4)=1.95000
          under default properties, the gearRatios array is the same as the low gear ratios array which starts in non ambulance mode, and makes it so it dosent have to switch in the beginning.
          Heres the actual switch up:
          for(mm = 0; mm < 5; mm++)
          GearRatios[mm] = highGearRatios[mm] ; //switch gears up

I'm thinking maybe karma parameters....but I have no idea...Any other ideas?

Comment

Nope, hadn't realised you had more than 1 gear box .

Comment

well i have 2 speed modes, so i naturally needed 2 different acceleration characteristics, plus it swaps ground speed. Since i didn't want to re-write more code, it actually uses one gearbox, just switches sets of gears into that main one from 2 unchanging sets. So its uses standard vehicle gears, but has 2 interchangeable sets.

Anyone else?

Comment

Working...
              X