Exporting data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting data

I am looking at different FPS' and investigating how the games/editors support export of data in real-time. Is it possible to do modifications to UT2004 and script such interfaces?

E.g would it be possible to export the player's position in the map to a USB port (while playing)?

Exporting data real-time to other applications/programs is also desirable. For instance exporting data from Unreal Script to C++.

Is there a reasonably easy way to do these kinds of modifications?

From what I know, you'd need to license the engine to get support for USB output. I don't think it's possible through scripting.

You can, however, write to external text files. So if you wanted to hack it together you could write to text files from Unreal, then write a separate program that takes those text files as they are being written and outputs them to a USB port.

That would be pretty dirty though! It's all I can think of, however... Good luck! And let me know what you find, actually.

Comment

You can send data out of the engine via TCP. You would then have to write an external program to send that data to a USB port.

Comment

Working...
      X