X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Question

Hi,

I'm going to make a mod, and I have one question concerning characters:

I know that a person can select different characters and use that character to play in every map, but is it possible to have one map where one team is always one certain model?

I'm going to have normal characters you can choose from, and then these "monsters" (which cannot be selected in the character menu screen). There will be certain maps that have 2 teams: one team will be the normal character they selected, and the other will be a monster.

Is this type of coding possible?

The reason I'd like to know is that the monsters will be in special "scenerio maps"- I would not like people to be able to play with these monsters in every map because it will be a bit unfair to the people who play as normal characters.

Hope that makes sense, thanks in advance.

You can, but there are caveats if it's not a full mod. I did this sort of thing (not map dependent, but easily modifiable, surely) for Unreal Safari, where I forced models on each side (one human hunter, one alien prey). If it's a full mod, there should be no problems, since you probably won't have people adding custom models to it (like with stock UT2k4). If you jigger with which pawnclass each "model" gets, you can have different abilities with each one, if you like. Keep in mind that this code is alpha, and very horrendous.

Dicky B

bottom of this post
    Grab it here, decompile and marvel at my crappy code

Comment

Sounds scary lol

Well, thanks for letting me know it can be done (it will be a full mod/total conversion).

Comment

Well, not as scary as this other stuff I'm working on (for a more full mod).. I found out so **** many things, I think I peed myself.

Dicky B

Comment

Working...
        X