Best Place to Place GetBonePosition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Place to Place GetBonePosition?

I am about 90% done with a boat that takes damage when it hits land but I am unsure that I am placing some repulsors correctly. I currently assign repulsor positions by getting a bone positions in PostNetBeginPlay. Is there a better place to get the bone positions? Why I am asking is that I didn't think there was an issue until I tried defining "FPCamPos" the same way and seemingly randomly got weird locations for the camera.

Heh, Im about 1 week away from releasing some boat code to the community that damages boats when they are on land. My computer died unfortunately, so I dont have time to finish testing the net code and adding emitters.

Comment

Part of my code simply exceeds the 1 limit on the kgravity multiplier - the boat is just too heavy not to sink into the level, but the other part of the code uses the repulsors to detect when they are over land. When the condition is true, max speed is reduced and damage is given. Works rather well except for whether the repulsor is where it should be or not. I am opting for not at the moment as the location of the attach bones is a bit uncertain at the moment ... hmmm... I could just attach them to the appropriate bone after spawning .

I might just try that...

Comment

Working...
      X