Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neoflame
    IIRC you're not allowed to make money off of mods

I might take a shot at it... maybe, no promises.

BTW, this would have been better off in 'User Maps and Mods->Mod Requests and Ideas'.
    He can pay for whatever he wants to pay His decision. He just mustn't make the mod and sell it :P
    Alright and to the idea... yeah nice, i would help you with coding, but unfortunately i'm just yet at the beginning of the long tourney of learning the Uengine

Comment

I've started basic framework on it, haven't forgotten

Unfortunately, if I'm going to continue it'll be somewhat arduous since I've never programmed a gametype before

But it should be doable.

Actually, more time will probably be spent figuring out how powernodes and link setups work in UScript than actually coding I agree that Onslaught would be the perfect base.

Jamzyamz, I'll need to know a few more details. For example, about how long does it take to take a flag? Does the number of teammates/enemies present affect the speed? If so, by how much? If there are more players on the team that already controls the 'node' than enemy players, does their presence prevent the enemy from making any progress on taking the node? Do all 'nodes' start off neutral or controlled? Is there the same ONS'ish concept of node isolation?

Comment

Originally posted by neoflame
        I've started basic framework on it, haven't forgotten

Unfortunately, if I'm going to continue it'll be somewhat arduous since I've never programmed a gametype before

But it should be doable.

Actually, more time will probably be spent figuring out how powernodes and link setups work in UScript than actually coding I agree that Onslaught would be the perfect base.

Jamzyamz, I'll need to know a few more details. For example, about how long does it take to take a flag? Does the number of teammates/enemies present affect the speed? If so, by how much? If there are more players on the team that already controls the 'node' than enemy players, does their presence prevent the enemy from making any progress on taking the node? Do all 'nodes' start off neutral or controlled? Is there the same ONS'ish concept of node isolation?
        In BF1942:

If you are close enough to a flag, it will turn gray after a few seconds (like say 10, but it's up to the mapper, it's variable).

After another 10, it will turn to your flag, unless any enemies are within the capture radius, in which case, it just stays gray.

Kind of like a node under attack, no one spawns at a gray flag (considered neutral)

Whether or not flags in BF start neutral or not depends on the mapper, but I don't see a problem with just starting them all off neutral just lke ONS.

No node isolation.

Team points start out with X amount, and tick down with each death, and also by how many nodes you control. Example: Red guy dies, Red team loses 1 point. Red team has 3 nodes, Blue has 2, no grays, Blue loses more points per second than Red automatically. (each control point should have a "weight" as BF does, but for existing ONS maps, this is probably just extra garbage, equal weights should be fine)

Dicky B (not my thread, but I think that's enough info for ya)

Comment

In bf vietnam it needs a certain amount of seconds to take the flag divided by the number of players of one team, that are in the capture radius:
          60sec = 1 player
          30sec = 2 player
          15sec = 3 player etc...

Comment

you do not have to extend from Onslaught because you set the map prefix in the int file to like DM,DOM,CTF,ONS, etc.. so you should extend from xteamgame and just copy and paste the different parts of the ONS and DOM code you want to use

Comment

Working...
            X