Conquest Game Type???? Will pay to get it going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conquest Game Type???? Will pay to get it going

I am interested in doing a bf1942 style mod using onslaught maps. I have no Idea how to code in Unreal, I was wondering if someone might be interested in creating a conquest game type similar to bf1942's ticket system and proximty based flag captures.

I am guessing combining elements from the DOM gamettype with onslaught would be the way to start. Plus have 1 ticket for each death deplete the total number of tickets, again like conquest from bf1942
    Anyone?

I'd be willing to pay for it anyone interested?

Comment

One last bump to see if anyone's interested.

Comment

IIRC you're not allowed to make money off of mods

I might take a shot at it... maybe, no promises.

BTW, this would have been better off in 'User Maps and Mods->Mod Requests and Ideas'.

Comment

I posted it there, and someone suggested here oh well.

As for not making money, I figured to get it done or someone interested I would need to offer something for the time it would take to write the game type. It's cool that you might be interested, any idea on when you'll know for sure ??
          Thanks

Comment

A little more info on what would be needed. Ultimately I'd like the game type to extend onslaught so that any ons map would be available to it. Not sure if that's possible, I do remember a mod did something like this, so I guess it's possible but not sure if the gametype would be too involved to do this.

Thanks

Comment

I could probably start it today, but it would take me a while, as I've never programmed gametypes before

I'm pretty sure I can do it, though.

I can start as soon as I'm finished the mutator I'm working on, which should be done soon.

Comment

That's great! thanks! PM me if you have any questions or need something.

Thanks

Comment

Looking into it? Give up? Forget?

Let me know

Thanks

Comment

What is the game type exactly.

Comment

Something along the lines of BF1942's conquest type. proximity based flag captures, ticket system etc. It's all in the first post

Comment

yes but... i dont play BF1942... so ... better explanation please :bulb:

Comment

gotcha. Basically. Both teams start with a certain number of tickets (usually even, sometimes slanted to one side depending on the map). The idea is to capture, and hold bases/flags. the more you hold the faster the other teams tickets go down. Each death also depletes tickets by one. Whoever reaches zero tickets first loses the match.

When catching a base, if there are enemies in the capture proximity area the flag will remain neutral, if no enemies then after a certain amount of time the flag will turn to your team, at this point you can move to the next flag or stay and defend the base you are at.

Flags can be taken and lost so the matches could go on for a bit.

ONS maps would be perfectly suitable as their are already a number of capture points. In some maps of BF1942 main bases are not capturable.

Also you can spawn at any base controlled by your team. if a point is lost while respawning you are brought back to the point selection screen

Like I said the best way to decribe it would be ONS plus DOM with multiple DOM points not just 2 I know there is a way to keep score so this could prolly be modded to reverse the score for each death like the ticket system in BF

I think that pretty much covers the game type, I may be leaving something out if anyone else can think of a better way to describe it please do.

Comment

Ahh i see.. If i have the time I may look into it... PM me if you want

Comment

just pm'ed ya.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X