Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gametype Network Problem - Replication Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gametype Network Problem - Replication Problem?

I have written a Menu extending from MidGamePanel.
    In
    Code:
    simulated function ShowPanel(bool bShow)
    there is
    Code:
    Core = ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().PlayerReplicationInfo).GetCurrentNode();
    This results in (in UT2004.log)
    Code:
    Warning: UT2K4Tab_MenuTab Package.UT2K4Tab_MenuTab (Function MyPackage.UT2K4Tab_MenuTab.ShowPanel:01B7) Accessed None 'Core'
    Can't figure out why.

because ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().PlayerRepli cationInfo).GetCurrentNode(); is apparently a NONE. You need to find out why (have you checked: playerowner() != none, PlayerOwner().PlayerReplicationInfo != none, ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().PlayerRepli cationInfo) != none?).

Comment

if you're reusing the ONS HUD and using a separate GameInfo class or subclassing Onslaught's gameinfo incorrectly, then the HUD code is going to complain. If you want the HUD/your gametype as an extension of Onslaught, then make sure you're overriding methods and calling super.

But if you're creating a new gametype that doesn't rely on onslaught (likely?), then you're probably going to have to create your own HUD at some point that doesnt reference things ONS Hud expects.

Comment

The problem is that the code works fine offline put not on a dedicated server.
        But I figured out the the problem is not "Core = ...".
        Here is the complete code that makes problems of the function and the log result.

simulated function ShowPanel(bool bShow)
        {
        local ONSPowerCore Core;
        local int i;

Super.ShowPanel(bShow);

if (playerowner() != none) log("playerowner() != none");
        if (PlayerOwner().PlayerReplicationInfo != none) log("PlayerOwner().PlayerReplicationInfo != none");
        if (ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().PlayerRepl icationInfo) != none) log("ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().Player ReplicationInfo) != none");
        Core = ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().PlayerRepli cationInfo).GetCurrentNode();
        log("core set");
        for (i = 0; i < Core.CloseActors.Length; i++)
        {
        log("iteration");
        }
        }

ScriptLog: playerowner() != none
        ScriptLog: PlayerOwner().PlayerReplicationInfo != none
        ScriptLog: ONSPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerOwner().PlayerRepli cationInfo) != none
        ScriptLog: core set
        Warning: UT2K4Tab_MenuTab Package.UT2K4Tab_MenuTab (Function MyPackage.UT2K4Tab_MenuTab.ShowPanel:0286) Accessed None 'Core'

Comment

it looks like the ONSPRI.getCurrentNode() is returning a null/None Core reference. "the method returns the powecore/node the player is currently standing on or in the node teleport trigger radius of, if that core/node is currently constructed for the same team as the player." Do you meet those requirements?

Possible causes might be that the player and/or the player's team isn't associated with the node, that the base is initialized incorrectly(the wrong team), that the player isnt in range.

Comment

Working...
          X