Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiling irritation.

Quick question:

A Uscript wiki describes opening the command prompt while in windows to execute the compiler...

Save the file and get a command prompt up. Change the directory you are in until you are in the {Base Directory}/System directory. Once in the {Base Directory}/System directory enter the following command:

ucc make

This will run the compiler. It will list each package you have on your EditPackages=... lines in your UT ini file, but will only attempt to compile a package if its .u (or package file) is not there. In this case, because this is the first time we have built our mutator the package file MutHelloWorld.u doesn't exist.
    How do I open the command prompt they refur to? In what program? I must be missing something pretty fundemental..

The quickest way is to go to Start->Run and type cmd to open a command prompt. Or there is a shortcut located at Start->Programs->Accessories->Command Prompt (that's where it is on WinXP, it may be different on another OS).

Comment

Yeah, I know about the windows command prompt. Is that what they're talking about? Is that the only way to run the compiler? Is there no .exe anywhere?

Comment

Yes, that's the command prompt they mean.

There are various programs available that will run UCC for you, and may help in other ways too. There is some useful information on the Wiki that may help.

Comment

Y'arr, I did that. Then tried the lines..

cd C:\UT2004\System

del YourModPackage.uc

ucc make

Entering after each one. I think I've just deleted it. Ehem. Dos doesn't know what 'ucc make' means either. "It is not a recognised as in internal or external command".

Comment

ucc.exe should be in your system directory, make sure it is (and no you can't dbl click it to run it)

Comment

If you're looking for a more elegant way to do it, you can always download WOTgreal, which is a great IDE for UnrealScript.

Comment

or the UDE, which pretty much is the same deal

Comment

I'd definitley recommed developing in WOTGreal, which has a built in compiling interface for use with ucc, on top of many other usefull features. It's got un-restricted demo use for the cost of a popup window during launch.

http://www.wotgreal.com/

Comment

Aha, cheers! I'll try the Greal one tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X