UT2k4 HUD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2k4 HUD?

i dont get the hud in 2k4. it worked just fine in 2k3 why did they have to mess it up...

the problem i am having is that nothing shows up. i dont even know if its using my hud. i set the corect thing in the game type but nothing shows up... BTW this is for the hackerz TC

so are there any tuts that work with 2k4? i found 50 tuts but they all where for 2k3 and i could not get any of them to work.

so all i need is an example of a hud that dose somthing simple like display text or an image. anything more than that would be to complicated for me to understand just how to draw somthing.

Check this out:

GameInfo Class:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    class Armory_Game extends xDeathMatch;

DefaultProperties
    {
    HUDType="DESArmory.ArmoryHUD"
    MapPrefix="ARM"
    GameName="Armory Preview"
    DefaultPlayerClassName="DESArmory.ArmorPawn"
    }
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

//HUDType="DESArmory.ArmoryHUD" - this is most important right now

And HUD class:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    class ArmoryHUD extends HudCDeathmatch;

var font verdana;

function DrawEnemyName(Canvas C)
    {
    local actor HitActor;
    local vector HitLocation,HitNormal,ViewPos;
    local class<DesArmor> ArmorClass;

if(verdana==none)
    verdana=font(dynamicloadobject("2k4fonts.Verdana14 ", class'Font'));

if ( PlayerOwner.bBehindView || bNoEnemyNames || (PawnOwner.Controller == None) )
    return;
    ViewPos = PawnOwner.Location + PawnOwner.BaseEyeHeight * vect(0,0,1);

foreach Owner.TraceActors(class'Actor',HitActor,HitLocatio n,HitNormal,ViewPos+1200*vector(PawnOwner.Controll er.Rotation),ViewPos)
    {
    if(HitActor == PawnOwner)
    continue;

if ( (Pawn(HitActor) != None) && (Pawn(HitActor).PlayerReplicationInfo != None)
    && ( (PawnOwner.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team == None) || (PawnOwner.PlayerReplicationInfo.Team != Pawn(HitActor).PlayerReplicationInfo.Team)) )
    {
    if ( (NamedPlayer != Pawn(HitActor).PlayerReplicationInfo) || (Level.TimeSeconds - NameTime > 0.5) )
    {
    DisplayEnemyName(C, Pawn(HitActor).PlayerReplicationInfo);
    NameTime = Level.TimeSeconds;
    }
    NamedPlayer = Pawn(HitActor).PlayerReplicationInfo;
    break;
    }
    if(Des_Armor_Pickup(HitActor)!=none && class<DesArmor>(Des_Armor_Pickup(HitActor).Invento ryType)!=none)
    {
    ArmorClass=class<DesArmor>(Des_Armor_Pickup(HitAct or).InventoryType);
    C.Font=verdana;
    C.SetDrawColor(255,0,0,255);
    C.DrawTextJustified(ArmorClass.default.itemname,1, c.ClipX/2-c.ClipX/10,C.clipY/2-C.clipY/20,c.ClipX/2+c.ClipX/10,C.clipY/2+C.clipY/20);
    C.DrawTextJustified("Durability: "$ArmorClass.default.Charge,1,c.ClipX/2-c.ClipX/10,C.clipY/2,c.ClipX/2+c.ClipX/10,C.clipY/2+C.clipY/10);
    C.DrawTextJustified("Defense: "$ArmorClass.default.ArmorAbsorption$"%",1,c.C lipX/2-c.ClipX/10,C.clipY/2+C.clipY/10,c.ClipX/2+c.ClipX/10,C.clipY/2+C.clipY/5);

break;
    }
    }
    }
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The only upgrade is that if player sees an Armor, HUD draws all info about it. Simple....

Comment

I used the hud tutorial in the wiki. worked fine for me.

Comment

Bigcheeese what HUD did you extend?

Comment

HudBace...

and that dint work.

Comment

bSpecialHUD=True

That got me for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X