Adding Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Awards

I don't suppose there's a way to add awards like "Flak Monkey" or "Headhunter" via a mutator is there? It looks like these are hard-coded into UnrealGame\DMStatsScreen.uc

The only way I could think to do this would be to extend DMStatsScreen and DrawScoreboard() like so:

Code:
    DrawScoreboard(Canvas C)
    {
      AwardsNum = 2; // or whatever I feel the player deserves :)

Super.DrawScoreboard(C);

// now draw my awards in there
    }
    Does this sound like a bad idea? How does one hook up their own stat screen? And most important: can I hook this up in such a way that it will 'play nice' with other mutators/mods? So far my mutator should be 100% compatible in this sense with other mods and as much I'd like to add this, it's not worth breaking that

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated!

Why not?
    Maybe not directly by mutator but Gamerules should fit.
    Try overriding functions like 'ScoreKill', where you'll add point for player for making something and if it's reached some limit write new function like: 'Notify_specialaward_'. I think that best way to keep these points is to make special placeholder in inventory...:up: :up: :up:

Comment

But isn't the real problem getting the award up on the stats screen? I could store values easily enough I think, but posting it requires -- I think -- replacing the DMStatsScreen. If another mutator/mod does that, couldn't my mutator interfere with that one? It won't be the end of the world in my case, but it mess up someone else's mod :P

Comment

There is a bit hacky way to do this

Make interaction and put it there:

function PostRender() //or prerender
        {
        if(ViewportOwner.Actor.myHUD.bDrawScoreboard)

//do some stuff here

}

This should work, but has some bugs...

Comment

Working...
        X