How to get a scripted trigger going...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a scripted trigger going...

Ok, here's how it is. I need to get a set of emitters going using a ScriptedTrigger and I need to know what the event is that the waitforevent has to wait for, which is when red or blue team scores in bombing run. Someone please help me!

There is no event triggered on scoring in BR, so you need to make one go off yourself. Here's an example of how it can be done:

Code:
    class xBombDeliveryTrigger extends xBombDelivery
    	placeable;

function ScoreEffect(bool touchdown)
    {
        Super.ScoreEffect(touchdown);

//Trigger something.
    	TriggerEvent(Event, self, None);
    }

Comment

Ok thanks, I did that and set the event but when I play the level when I score the emitter goes off but when I score again, nothing happens. Do I have to set something in the emitter like the reset after triggered or somthing? :cry:

Comment

Try reading the emitter information on the UDN. There are quite a few settings related to triggering emitters, which I couldn't tell you anything about off the top of my head.

There are also quite a few triggered xEmitters used in UT2003 for various effects (if an xEmitter is acceptable for whatever it is you are trying to do). Look through the classes in xEffects.u for xEmitters with a 'trigger' function and see how they are set up.

Another possibility is to spawn a new emitter each time, rather than triggering one that exists all the time. This also has the benefit that it can be made to work online, whereas triggering doesn't.

Comment

Ok, I'll do that. This is going to be a level that I'm going to have online so I'll have to get the spawner to work. My question would be if you can make it so that it spawns to a patter like say in a row, and not in random locations, if it does that by default. And if you could, please point me to a tutorial of spawning! Thanks in advance.

Comment

you can select a mesh for the particles to spawn "on", the particles will then be spawned over the surface of the mesh.

see for a particle tutorial:

http://udn.epicgames.com/Content/EmittersReference

Comment

Working...
            X