Using Custom Sounds in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Dont feel that way. I replaced every weapon sound in the game and I can tell you its a pain in the *** the little tweaks that go on to get everything to work right, hehe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the quick reply. sorry, I knew I was missing something in the post.

defaultproperties
    {

This ---------> FireSound=SoundGroup'ZKWeapons.FamasFire'
    needed to = ---> FireSound=Sound'ZKWeapons.FamasFire'

}

This is the code from my famasfire class, ive tried what you said before, as I didnt create a sound group when I imported them. but I still get the same error. if this is not sufficient info please tell me what would help you more, thanks

EDIT: SIGH*** I feel like a dumbass

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My guess (from lack of information) is that when you imported your sounds, you just stored them into a package. Then when you went to use the sounds, you had something like this.

MySoundsPackage.MySoundsGroup.MySound

when it should be

MySoundsPackage.MySound

This is just what I gather from the info you supplied. It looks like it is looking for a group within a package, and it cannot find the desired group.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Using Custom Sounds in game

Using Custom Sounds in game

First off, I would like to say hello to everyone, this is my first time posting here, though Ive been lurkin around for quite some time. Well just a few weeks ago I decided to try my hand and scripting, and so far, thanks to the help of this forum Ive been able to accomplish more than I thought.

But now im stuck. Im trying to use custom sounds for the weapons I made, but when ever I try and compile my code it gives me the error of "unresolved reference to soundgroup...." i cant figure out why for the life of me. I looked on unreal wiki and looked up the source of the problem, but all the spelling is correct, i made a uax file and all the works, the files are the correct size and import and export properly.

The wierd thing is I have another uax file with the custom sounds from Mr Evils hit effects pack(which is bad *** by the way) and I added a few of my own. I dont know why, maybe its just cause im a newb. but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Working...
X