Double score zone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double score zone..

I have created a DoublePointZone which extends from Zoneinfo. All it does is give you 2 points for kills within the zone. I asked how to create this zone in a map in the mapping section but it raised a programming question. Would it be better to just extend volume and make this a volume? The only reason I ask is when I succesfully make a zone the zone is lit differently then the surrounding area. Is there a simple fix for the lighting or should I use a transparent volume?

thanks
    ian

A volume would seem like the best way of doing it.

Comment

Is there a way to know if a PlayerController is in a certain volume?

I have changed my DoubleScoreZone to DoubleScoreVolume. When it was a zone in scoring i was able to say

if (PC.Region.Zone.IsA('DoulbleScoreZone') ..

is there a way to do that with volumes?

thanks
      ian

Comment

I found it, Actor.PhysicsVolume .. but then I have to subclass PhysicsVolume (whihch makes sense, then the double score zone could also have low gravity, etc) .. this all sounds like the correct way to do it?

thanks
        ian

Comment

This actor function may help:
          Code:
          function bool IsInVolume(Volume aVolume)
          If you want to find any volume rather than a specific one you can see how it's done if you look at the code for that function. Bear in mind that several volumes may cover the same space.

Comment

Working...
          X