Coding Dificulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coding Dificulties

I was following a tutorial on the SE about coding and i made a new weapons by modding the shock rifle. I compiled it all and had no problems getting it to work in the game, but now when i tried to mod a different weapon and compiled it doesn't seem to work. I modded the new weapon the same exact way as i did the shock rifle but the compiler doesn't seem to detect it.
    There is no way to delete the file for the modded shockrifle either, if i do delete it UT2004 won't run. i used conTEXT to write the new code and saved the files into a folder in the UT2004 folder. I compiled it using DOS (C:\ProgramFiles\UT2004\UCC.exe). Any help or insight would be great thanks. I am a real n00b at this and can't seem to find any info on my problem.

Ya, recompile it without the new scripts. So, move the weapon directory outside of \UT2004\ and then recompile.

Comment

If you're new and use ConTEXT, this might be helpful to you.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...hreadid=381093

Comment

Okay, i'm still having problems. I removed the .u and the folder containing the .uc files and when i go to compile, it comes up with an error saying "can't find files matching ConcussionRifle\Classes\*.uc" and it won't compile anything else.

Comment

... I removed the .u and the folder containing the .uc files ...

By deleting the .uc files, you are deleting your code.

Comment

i know, i don't want it anymore......and i've basically been trying everything to get this to work. I left them in there..i took them out....i'm clueless

Comment

Make sure you go into the ut2004.ini file and you should see the EditPackages=ConcussionRifle and just delete it so it won't look for your package anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X