How to add a project to the MOD menu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks so much to both of you. Man, nothing sucks the life out of a project like missing some key information.

Well, back to work. Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, that tutorial shows you how to get a mod into the community menu. However, the part where it shows you how to create the default and defuser.ini's is outdated - for Paths and other dynamic arrays, you would need a + in front of the line. You an use a - (minus) in front of a line to remove it from the created ini.

example:

+Paths=../MyMod/System/*.u
    +Paths=../MyMod/Maps/*.ut2
    -Paths=../Maps/.ut2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maybe this is what you are looking for: http://unreal.epicgames.com/ut2004/t...modsupport.htm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Really confused

Ok, after eight more house I still can't make ANYTHING appear in the user mod menu. What is going wrong here? Does anyone have a tutorial, or just a list of steps of what to do to put an entry in the user mod menu? I've read everything I can find (not much, its all just cut & paste of the text from the original .uc file) and I can't make it work at all.

This is frustrating to have a project brought to a halt because of something so stupid (and probably simple).

Please, if you've added something to the mod menu - can you share some info, source or advice?

Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• started a topic How to add a project to the MOD menu?

How to add a project to the MOD menu?

According to GUIUserModInfo.uc, I just subclass it and add a line to my .int file as follows:

Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=GUI2K4.GUIUserModInf o,Name=MyPackageName.MyModInfoClassName)

Supposedly, the mod will show up in the community menu. I've done it, and tried several different things, but it doesn't seem to show up. My questions:

1) Does this work as promised?

2) Are there steps not mentioned in this .uc file that I need to do to make this work?

3) Any guess as to what I might be doing wrong, or what I should check? My project right now is (mostly) a GameInfo and GameRules. Do I need other resources for this thing to show up in the mod menu?

I've searched Wiki, the official UnrealEngine site, lots of other sites, used google - and nobody has anything to say about adding stuff to the mod menu. This seems like it ought to be simple.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Working...
X