.int file necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.int file necessary?

Just wondering about the .int file. My weapon replacement mutator seems to work 100% fine without me creating one. Is there any need for it? I thought it was to make the game aware of the mutator but it shows up on the list and works fine eventhough I havn't created it. Can I just leave it out? Or does it have any other uses I don't know about?

UT2003 = yes
    UT2004 = no

UT2004 uses .ucl, which if not provided, the server will create it's own. Or you can create one using "UCC exportcache MyPackage.u"

Comment

include the ucl anyway, some people are having issues auto-generating them for one reason or another.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Only thing I think int's are used for now are localization of language and keybinds.

Comment

I think I've read in the readme for the new patch, that ut2004 no longer uses the .int file, and will automatically generate the .ucl file during ucc make (rather than after launching the game with the mod for the first time with the engine reading .int file).

Since not everyone has the new patch (and some people won't upgrade, because they have GPF problems with it) I am releasing all my UT2004 mods with both the .int, and .ucl files.

Comment

I create .int files because without them it seems that the keybinds wont show up in the game input controls binding area without them

If there was a way to not needing this, I'ld be happy to hear about it

Comment

Working...
              X