UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle

I am making a small gameplay mod (camper warnings for sniper rifles and other camper guns) and I have the following line in my gamerules..

PHP Code:
    Weapon.InventoryType == class'UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle' )) 
    Whenever I compile i get the error:

Error, Can't find Class 'UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle'

I assume I need to reference UTClassic but I am unsure how?

thanks
    ian

If it continues to give you problems, you could always ...

Code:
    ( String( Weapon.InventoryType ) == "UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle" )

Comment

Thanks, that works great. I wonder why it can't find the class though.

ian

Comment

You need to have UTClassic in your EditPackages list above your own package.

Comment

Wormbo, I just looked in my UT2004.ini and where the editpackages are listed mine is quite a few past UTClassic. I am using the UDE (licensed wotgreal) which comes with 2k4 so maybe it uses a different ini to compile? I'm not sure if thats maybe it. Is there anything else it could be?

I also was wondering, since the patch, do I have to re-export the UT2004 source? Is there a way to do that from the UDE (wotgreal)?

Thanks
          ian

Comment

I just noticed something which may be a hint at what is wrong. It can't find class'XWeapons.Redeemer' . This is in XWeapons though and class'XWeapons.FlakCannon' (any many others work fine).

Thanks
            ian

Comment

When you go to compile, uncheck the "Auto-adjust Edit Packages list for fast compilation". I see similar problems frequently, because UDE is getting it wrong and removing packages from the EditPackages list that are REQUIRED for compiling the package. Uncheck that box and it will leave them all where they're supposed to be, which means compilation will take a while longer but it WILL actually compile if the code is valid.

Comment

Re: UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle

Originally posted by x_KevinArnold_x
                I am making a small gameplay mod (camper warnings for sniper rifles and other camper guns) and I have the following line in my gamerules..

PHP Code:
                Weapon.InventoryType == class'UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle' )) 
                Whenever I compile i get the error:

Error, Can't find Class 'UTClassic.ClassicSniperRifle'

I assume I need to reference UTClassic but I am unsure how?

thanks
                ian
                1. FYI. When you paste code, use (code) the code goes here (/code) <---These brackets "[" and "]" instead of the parenthesis I used.
                2. Please paste the entire code of that file. Looking at it right away I noticed a missing opening parenthesis.

Comment

Da Wrecka that was it exactly!

Thanks so much everyone for the help.

ian

Comment

Working...
                  X