Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mutator for creating new admin commands. Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutator for creating new admin commands. Done!

Hello guys! That´s me again!

I´ve finished my mutator to allow admin cheats, or, as it should be more aproprieted called, new admin functions.
    With this you can define custom functions that could be called at any momment in game, once you are logged as a admin on the server.

For a first try, i´ve implemented the summon console command to be executated in online games. It´s useful for MOD teams, where a member want to show their mates how his work (like new weapons, new vehicles, etc) is going even if they don´t have a final version of it available.
    The UED Clan is planning to use this mutator for it.

I´ve also implemented the loaded command, but this one was just for fun.

With this mutator you can choose witch commands should be enable and witch should be disable for that session, via the mutator configuration.

The code i´ve created is very simple, and can be easly extended to add new commands for the admins (if you know how to code the functionality you want).
    It could probably be extended later to permit customized levels of commands, giving the option to define that some commands can be accessed by all palyers, while others can be accessed only for a smaller group , and finally others just for the admins.

There are some configurations necessary for an dedicated server, and they are in the next post.

Any way, the mutator and the source code can been found here: http://www.geocities.com/mkhaos7/adminCheats.zip . So anywone that want to give it a try and spam (constructive) critics and sugestions download it and leave a message here.

Thanks!

Yeah. It´s working now.

The following configurarions are necessary in the server ut2004.ini file:

Code:
    ServerPackages=adminCheats
    and put this at the end of the file:
    Code:
    [adminCheats.MutAdminCheats]
    bAllowSummon=True
    bAllowLoaded=True
    To call the cheats you need to put admin in front of them, like:
    Code:
    amind loaded
    After that launch the game, log as admin in the server, and have fun

Comment

Good job man!

Comment

The link for download doesn't appear to work. I already have a copy downloaded, if anyone needs it. Just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1224
          The link for download doesn't appear to work. I already have a copy downloaded, if anyone needs it. Just let me know.
          I'll have one fella please.

Comment

Downloads down. :cry:

mkhaos7

Get it hosted somewhere. Please.

Comment

Just copy and paste or drag that link into your address bar and hit go and you will get the download!

http://www.geocities.com/mkhaos7/adminCheats.zip

Heres my stuff!!

Try my latest "VCTF-CARBONCove" "VCTF-BIGBASH2" "VCTF-AARDVarklaunch" and also MagMortisV2 upgrade and DodeckaV2 upgrade and all the others!!

And dont forget to patch your server to the latest patch 3236!

Get all 11+ VCTF Maps and stuff here at my site! The DM betas vehicle maps are also available for you but are purely trash testers that you can do with as you please!

http://www.58arenas.com/UT2004Downloads.htm

All older stuff here:

http://www.58arenas.com/

Thanks Circus BT :up:

Comment

Someone has made a newer version of this. I'm also currently working on a more streamlined feature rich version. :P I heard something about Atari banning the admincheats. If there is any truth in this, please give me the link to find it. Seems crazy, but you never know.

Comment

uh?
                  a newer version?!
                  Where?
                  epic banned it?
                  You are working on a new version? :bulb:
                  lots of things can really happen when a guy goes away for a couple of weeks

Jamie, do you got any linkage for the new version or some thing about the epic "bannement" (if thats even a word)?

Comment

Someone else has already taken what you had and ran with it. I'm just gonna add a couple extra commands for it. I might add some more Server-Admin control. The servers I see this on are usually full of admins that only care about perpetuating their God Complexes. Most summon so much stuff that it crashes the server. It's no fun so quit it! I think this would be a valuable tool in the right hands. I mostly use it to test out maps and give noobs (This is not directed towards FESSEF ) a little help.

You should check out the updated version, it adds a lot of functionality. I have a copy and if you want it, just PM me and I'll give you a link to get it (This offer is only for mkaos7, so please don't bug me with a million PM's about it).

Comment

Are you a DORK?

If you have an updated version of this but dont want to give a link or something then why do you even need to post?

If you dont want to give the updated version to anyone other than 1 person in the thread then try using the private message and not the public forum.

BTW I probably would not have PM'ed you anyway but your last post was so stupid I could not resist a response! :haha:

Comment

I mostly use it to test out maps and give noobs a little help.
                        Posted By Jamie1224

Jamie, I am not a noob...

Just wanted to clear that up even if it was off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Tug Reemus
                          Are you a DORK?
                          I think the dorks are the people who flame others for no good reason.
                          Originally posted by Tug Reemus
                          If you have an updated version of this but dont want to give a link or something then why do you even need to post? If you dont want to give the updated version to anyone other than 1 person in the thread then try using the private message and not the public forum.
                          Just FYI: This one person you're referring to started the thread. Wouldn't messages to him be appropriate in "his" thread? I know how quick a PM box can fill up, so I try not to PM people when I can just post a simple reply in their thread (you know, the one that THEY started?).
                          The reason I didn't post a public link to download was because there is no author information in the file I have. I don't know who modified the file and I don't have any way of finding out. I don't like to just mass distribute things without some sort of author credit. When and If I complete my variation, I'll of course make it available publicly. I'm more than happy to explain my motivations most of the time when asked a polite question. Why can't people just be more polite?
                          Originally posted by Fessef
                          Jamie, I am not a noob...
                          Just wanted to clear that up even if it was off topic.
                          BTW Fessef, the comment wasn't directed towards you Now whether or not you're a noob remains to be seen:bulb: I own your butt in Carball! :haha:

Comment

Well after speaking with mkhaos7, it appears that the updated version was his also. He'll be updating the link to point to the correct file.

Comment

hi,
                              can anyone here tell me where i can find a list of all the possible codes you can use in admin cheats?
                              my freind can summon like everything and he wont tell me how!:cry:
                              If anyone could post here or pm me it would be most apppreciated thx
                              dead_yet

Comment

Working...
                              X