Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vehicle Landing Struts - Wheel Alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Landing Struts - Wheel Alternative?

I am trying to figure out a way to do struts for landing gear on a vehicle, but unfortunately wheels don't seem to work all that well - the vehicle slides around on the ground in the last bounce position that it had when spawned - I end up chasing the thing as it rolls slightly slower than I can run across the map. Any ideas?

witch kind of vehicle is it??? if it was wheeled why would it need landing gear.

Comment

Sorry I don't have answer I've just starting touching the vehicle code for our wheeled vehicles (Neotokyo), but I'm gonna run into the same thing probably with this herehttp://www.neotokyohq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=148)

Maybe you could make the wheels have a real high friction so it skids still, but just a bit. I'd like to hear how you make out.

Grey

Comment

It isn't a wheeled vehicle - those are fun to make - this is a flying vehicle I am trying to get landing skids on.. I appear to have the skid part down nicely...

If you need help with the troubleshooting, etc on a wheeled vehicle feel free to ask.

Comment

I understood your vehicle is a flyer not a wheeled vehicle

Comment

I figured it out! If you add wheels to an onschoppercraft (which I did) you normally won't have any defined friction for anything dealing with the craft itself. So I just set longfriction and latfriction for each tire (thank goodness I printed out most of the classes I am using for quick ref) and the thing doesn't slide like it is on ice anymore. I just need to add a few deatails, redo the body, and texture. After that it is just adjusting the flight model to a unique and to character flight model for what I am working. Persistance pays off - most of the time...

Comment

Working...
            X