Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Mod Author Resources

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mod Author Resources

    Here's some useful mod author resources, for both mappers/artists and coders.

    Web sites:

    http://udn.epicgames.com
    http://sv3.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/unr_main.php
    http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/
    http://www.psyonix.com

    Files:

    UT2004 UnrealScript source (includes some useful C++ source as reference also)
    http://unreal.epicgames.com/Files/scripts3186.zip

    UT2004 UDE (script development environment)
    http://unreal.epicgames.com/Files/UDE3005.zip

    Map and Mod Optimization Guide
    http://unreal.epicgames.com/Files/op...tion-guide.txt

  • #2
    How come this isn't on unreal.epicgames.com?

    I used to go there for latest engine info/MSUC updates but it hasn't been touched in like ~6 months... :cry:

    P.S. - Isn't there a patch comng out soon too?

    Comment


    • #3
      MSUC updates and other Unreal Tournament related news is posted on the www.unrealtournament.com website now.

      We will begin testing a patch for UT2004 in the next few days.

      - Steve

      Comment


      • #4
        coolness :up: heart :up:

        How soon until a changelog is released?

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't understand how to use the UDE file? Is it supposed to be an IDE for unrealscript, and if so, how do you install and run it?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fukenskanken
            I don't understand how to use the UDE file? Is it supposed to be an IDE for unrealscript, and if so, how do you install and run it?
            Download the .zip file and install the umod inside of it. This will install it into the UT2004\System\UDE directory. It will also place an icon on your desktop. From here it should be pretty straight forward, just follow the setup wizard. You should also have the classes already extracted into the UT2004 directory from the zip Steve provided above or the class/package tree will not be created properly. If you did this out of order simply refresh the trees from the UT2004 menu.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks, i'm pretty much a newb with unreal
              Part of the problem was that for some reason my OS didn't have ut4mod files associated with ut2004/system/setup.exe. They didn't have an association at all, so i had to go in and edit one in. Thanks again...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Harmeister
                Download the .zip file and install the umod inside of it. This will install it into the UT2004\System\UDE directory. It will also place an icon on your desktop. From here it should be pretty straight forward, just follow the setup wizard. You should also have the classes already extracted into the UT2004 directory from the zip Steve provided above or the class/package tree will not be created properly. If you did this out of order simply refresh the trees from the UT2004 menu.
                Ok, one more question. You say to extract the classes from the scripts.zip file into the UT2004 directory. I did that, and now i have a folder UT2004/scripts3186/ and then a bunch of other folders for the different scripts. But the UDE doesn't load up any classes in the class view on the left. Where should the scripts be located exactly so that I can just do a refresh and they will all show up in the class view?

                Comment


                • #9
                  when ever i try to install the UDE. it starts up the weapons of evil installer and tells me i dont own ut2004 WTF??? fix now or die a most painfull death.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just find it horribly amusing that the UDE is released a grand total of one day after I registered WOTgreal.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bigcheeese
                      when ever i try to install the UDE. it starts up the weapons of evil installer and tells me i dont own ut2004 WTF??? fix now or die a most painfull death.
                      Then re-install the game so that it knows where to find UT2004. The UDE works on a similar principle: you must have the game installed correctly in at least one place in order for it to work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Org
                        I just find it horribly amusing that the UDE is released a grand total of one day after I registered WOTgreal.
                        There are two large differences: the UDE will *ONLY* work for UT2004 (not UT, not UT2003, not any other unreal engine game), and it will not receive any significant new features. WOTgreal development is continuing (albeit kind of at a slow pace because of real life contingencies) and you will like the results (like the GUI designer, which the UDE will not receive right now).

                        Dean

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Harmeister
                          There are two large differences: the UDE will *ONLY* work for UT2004 (not UT, not UT2003, not any other unreal engine game), and it will not receive any significant new features. WOTgreal development is continuing (albeit kind of at a slow pace because of real life contingencies) and you will like the results (like the GUI designer, which the UDE will not receive right now).

                          Dean
                          You misunderstand, I’m not complaining, I just find the irony beautiful. Besides you are owed the money on a purely ethical standpoint, I’ve used it for quite a bit back in 2003 lifetime.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by fukenskanken
                            Ok, one more question. You say to extract the classes from the scripts.zip file into the UT2004 directory. I did that, and now i have a folder UT2004/scripts3186/ and then a bunch of other folders for the different scripts. But the UDE doesn't load up any classes in the class view on the left. Where should the scripts be located exactly so that I can just do a refresh and they will all show up in the class view?
                            The folders should be in the UT2004 directory (not the UT2004\scripts3186 directory) because UCC will not be able to pick them up otherwise.

                            in other words it looks like this
                            Code:
                            UT2004
                            + Core
                            |   + Classes
                            |      + A whole bunch of Files
                            + Engine
                            |  + Classes
                            |     + More classes
                            
                            etc.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Org
                              You misunderstand, I’m not complaining, I just find the irony beautiful. Besides you are owed the money on a purely ethical standpoint, I’ve used it for quite a bit back in 2003 lifetime.
                              I didn't think you were complaining, so no problem. I just wanted to point out that even though there are very few differences now, there will be larger and larger ones down the line.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X