Custom HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom HUD

ok guys im looking for tutorials or help on creating a custom HUD for 2k4 - cant find any tuts on the DVD Special Edition

.... Before posting a thread like this ALWAYS searchs these forums and the unreal wiki.

this simple but effective method would have gotten you a tutorial about making a hud

Comment

but hang on a sec is this for 2k3 or 2k4 or is it the same type of coding

Comment

there is very little difference in the UT2k3 code and UT2k4 code. I'm working on a hud myself and have encountered no problems.

Comment

That's not 100% true JohnDoe, some **** is very differnt (like coding setting into mutes and ****)

Warning in advance Unless the hud is for your own gametype/mod, using it will remove your ability to go online

Comment

Code kinda differs a lot, although I love some of the new stuff (like that WeaponFire is now an object instead of an actor).

However, porting UT2003 code is for sure not a 5 mins job, especially if you made something more advanced

Comment

Also print out or keep handy all the hud code that comes with Unreal so that you can see how things are done and have handly list of predefined functions to use/abuse.

Comment

I was only talking about the code concerning the HUD, anything concerning weaponfire (gameplay) or settings (GUI) or anything other than the hudcode was not implied here.

Comment

Working...
                X