Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you change the start weapons in UT2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you change the start weapons in UT2004?

I downloaded the Zark Assault Rifle mod the other day and it is fun to use. The only thing I don't like is it starts out the game with the Zark Assault Rifle, the regular Assault Rifle, and the Shield Gun. The Zark Assault Rifle replaces the Sniper Rifle.

Anyway, does anyone know what line in the ZarkAssaultRifle.u file makes it start the game out with the Zark Assualt Rifle? I'd much rather have myself and the bots start out with the weaker weapons and then actually pickup the Zark Assault Rifle after the match has already started.

I understand there are probably various ways of changing what weapons your start out with. I found an older post discussing how to change the starting weapons, but I believe that was for UT2003 and none of the lines mentioned were in the ZarkAssaultRifle.u file.

if i'm not mistaken, it's defined in xPlayer (although it could very well be xPawn). at any rate, the array you're looking for is called RequiredWeapon(), 0 is the asault rifle, 1 is the shield gun. if this mod is using a 3rd required weapon, then they probably resized the array. check to see which class they have extends xpawn or xplayer.

Comment

You cant edit the .u file, thats pre-compiled by the person who created it. Your gonna have to ask them to change it, or write something yourself outside to change it.

Comment

Working...
      X