Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks

Thanks, I got the same answer from someone on another board, but yours what a bit more detailed, so I at least know how the Mutate command works. I'll be working on it later in the week when I get more time. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Only certain classes can process exec functions. A list of valid classes for exec functions can be found on the wiki.

As for mutators, they support console commands, but they do it a little differently. Mutate() is an exec function in PlayerController, that is replicated to the server. It takes a string as a parameter, then passes the string, along with a reference to the playercontroller that issued the command to all mutators in the game. In order to hook into this chain, you must implement the Mutate() function in your mutator. Do a find-in-files for Mutate( to see exactly how it works.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Mutator Console Commands

Mutator Console Commands

Disappointed by the lack of the "summon" command in multiplayer (I used to have hours of fun summoning monsterts to scare my friends in UT '99), I set out to turn on cheating in multiplayer 2k4 games. I've hit a snag though. I can't get any of the "exec function"s in my mutator to work though, all I get is "Unrecognised command" I tried to simplify the problem by copying the code for the suicide command and renaming it "asuicide" in my mutator. I set the mutator class to extend PlayerController, but it still won't recognise my command. If anyone knows how to make new console commands through a mutator, or a way to get the cheats on without doing this, I'd greatly appreciate the help.
Working...
X