Getting a gametype to show up in the GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a gametype to show up in the GUI

I can't figure out how to properly register a new gametype so it will show up in the UT2004 game types menu. I've searched several web sites and can't find any reference or tutorials about this either. I'm sure it's a mega-simple solution and I, for whatever reason, am not seeing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

That is all.

If the game type is coded correctly you should beable to just use UCC exportcache whater.u and it will creat a .ucl file that should then show up in your game types

Comment

Originally posted by Hsoolien
      If the game type is coded correctly...
      Urk, I was afraid of that... Yeah, I did use "ucc exportcache ..." and it didn't work. I thought I'd covered all the bases... I'm just writing a "skeleton" for the game type right now. Basically I'm extending xTeamGame, and at the moment I just want to be able to basically play a team DM by selecting my "custom" gametype (that hasn't redefined anything or added new functionality yet). Obviously I have greater plans for the mod in the future.

Oh well, back to code-combing. pout

That is all.

Comment

Oh, I'm retarded. :bulb:

I just fixed the problem. I had the MapPrefix set for my new game type, but obviously there are no maps for it yet. Changed the MapPrefix [temporarily] to "DM" and now it shows up.

Incidentally, do you have any idea what the "BeaconName" property of a GameInfo class is for?

That is all.

Comment

Working...
        X