UT2004: New Mod animation path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT2004: New Mod animation path

ucc complains because my Animation file (Elmer.ukx) is not in the UT2004/Animations directory. It's in my UT2004/ProjectX/Animations directory.

I added the path to my UT2004.ini and my ProjectX.ini files.
    Paths=../ProjectX/Animations/*.ukx

My ucc command line is:
    ucc make -MOD=ProjectX

Taken from my MyPawn.uc:
    Code:
    defaultproperties
    {
      Mesh=SkeletalMesh'Elmer.Elmer'
    }
    ucc reports:
    Code:
    ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'Elmer.Elmer''
    If I put the Elmer.ukx animation file into /UT2004/Animations/ and my script compiles fine. But I don't want my animations files in the base UT2004/Animations directory.

Anyone one else get ucc to check their mod's animation directory when compiling script?

It works fine for me. Is it only animation packages not working? You don't get erros for e.g. utx files?

Comment

The mesh uses a texture file but I don't explicitly put in it code. The model loads and looks fine in game. So UT2004.exe is finding the texture file in my ProjectX/textures directory. It's also loading up my test map as well without a problem.

It looks to be just a compile time problem.

Comment

What happens if you explicitly load the file with
        Code:
        #exec OBJ LOAD FILE=Elmer.ukx

Comment

If I add that to the top of my file it compiles but the model does not show up in the game.

It looks like UT2004.exe is loading Elmer.ukx from the UT2004/Animations directory but the texture from the ProjectX/Texture directory? Very odd.

I think somehow this line is to blame:
          Code:
          Mesh=SkeletalMesh'Elmer.Elmer'
          in the my pawn's defaultproperties.

Edit:
          I even tried using:
          Code:
          #exec OBJ LOAD FILE="../ProjectX/Animations/Elmer.ukx"
          It compiled but still no model in game.

Comment

Mr Evil,

That's a odd way to start a post. LOL

What is in your mod's ini file so that your script code can find your mod's data files?

Regards,
            Jon

Comment

I found the problem with UT2004 not loading my mod's models/animation files in my mod's animations directory.

Even though...
              Code:
              Paths=../ProjectX/Animations/*.ukx
              ...was put in UT2004.ini and my mod's ProjectX.ini

This line was missing from my default.ini in my mod's /UT2004/ProjectX/System 'mod' directory.

I put the path in my mod's default.ini and now my mod loads the models/animations from my /UT2004/ProjectX/Animations/ directory.

Not sure why it needs to be here and UT2004 ignores my ProjectX.ini settings and it's own UT2004.ini settings. /shrug

Comment

Working...
              X