Replacing the default weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing the default weapon

Please excuse me if this is a stupid question but I don't know what I'm doing.

I just want to replace the default weapon so that when a player spawns at a playerstart the player has the shield gun rather than the assault rifle. Can someone point me towards the info on how to most easily implement this?

Please and Thank You.

Help:

Well, you spawn with two weapons, the Assault Rifle and the Shield Gun. You need to change the Priorities(load UT2003/4 - Weapons) for it to spawn you with your Shield Gun in hand instead of the Assault Rifle.

If you mean getting rid of the Assault Rifle you need to make a mutator or make a new gametype.

You need to extend the xPawn class(found in xGame folder). Extend, DO NOT CREATE OVER. aka make a new text file.

Go to default properties and find and change this:
    (Taken from Elements of War):

Code:
         // MOST POWERFUL FIRST!!!
         RequiredEquipment(0)="XWeapons.ShieldGun"
         RequiredEquipment(1)=""

// SEE!!!
         // RequiredEquipment(0)="XWeapons.SniperRifle"
         // RequiredEquipment(1)="XWeapons.RocketLauncher"
         // RequiredEquipment(2)="XWeapons.FlakCannon"
         // RequiredEquipment(3)="XWeapons.Minigun"
         // RequiredEquipment(4)="XWeapons.LinkGun"
         // RequiredEquipment(5)="XWeapons.ShockRifle"
         // RequiredEquipment(6)="XWeapons.BioRifle"
         // RequiredEquipment(7)="XWeapons.AssaultRifle"
         // RequiredEquipment(8)="XWeapons.ShieldGun"

Comment

Thank you.

Then it seems it would require a mutator. I'm trying to figure out how to make a version of BR that I can play with my grandkids. Sort of like Death Ball except without the 'death'. Their parents and their grandmother don't like the idea of them playing a game where people are getting shot and blown up with gibs flying all over the place. Understandable.

My idea was to use BR but make a few tweaks like Sheild Gun only, a much larger goal, possibly more colorful even cartoonish type maps and more of an athletic rather than battleground type of atmosphere. I'd also like to find a way to make the whole thing faster paced. More like basketball than Bombing Run or even Death Ball.

I had this idea several months ago, not long after seeing Death Ball, but didn't get interested in it again until just lately.

Here's a small map I made if anyone else is interested in the idea. It's not beautiful but maybe it gets the idea across.

http://www.citlink.net/~ckearley/BR-Pulse.zip

And here's a pic:

http://www.citlink.net/~ckearley/NewGoal2pic.jpg

[edit]
      I had to rebuild the map in order to lose a dependency on the Death Ball code. It was an invisible actor that I simply couldn't find. While I was at it I made some geometry changes that help the bots play a little better at pure BR. I'm hoping that this idea will generate a little interest among coders as seems to me like it might be worthwhile creating a version of BR that is playable by children otherwise too young for the normal gametypes.
      [/edit]

Comment

Working...
      X