Two n00b questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two n00b questions

1. If I want to add another variable to the Pawn class, how would I do that? Essentially I want to add a new stat for each player.

2. What do I adjust in the weapon code to change how far it knocks people around? i.e. when you get hit with a rocket you fly back some, etc. (the code for when you're still alive -- not the stuff for ragdolls flying)

1. dont change the pawn class. dont change any default class. ever.

2. i think its "MomentumTransfer" in the projectile class that you want to change. not 100% about that, though.

Comment

I did a tutorial last night with the SE version and it was a concussionRifle.

The property was momentum

Comment

1) You need to subclass xPawn, and add your stuff to that class. As a mutator, this is normally looked on as a bad thing. It could break compatibility with other mutators. So when you start subclassing pawn, player and/or info replication classes, you kind of move into a game type mod instead of a mutator.

2) Momentum. A really really fun value to mess with. Nothing like cranking it up and knocking a tank half way across them map. There is also a value in TeamGame which controls the difference between how much "boost" is applied to a teammate vs an enemy. By default, teammate arnt knocked as far as enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by supun
          1) You need to subclass xPawn, and add your stuff to that class. As a mutator, this is normally looked on as a bad thing. It could break compatibility with other mutators. So when you start subclassing pawn, player and/or info replication classes, you kind of move into a game type mod instead of a mutator.
          Is there anyway to add a new stat to each player without subclassing xPawn?

2) Momentum. A really really fun value to mess with. Nothing like cranking it up and knocking a tank half way across them map. There is also a value in TeamGame which controls the difference between how much "boost" is applied to a teammate vs an enemy. By default, teammate arnt knocked as far as enemies.
          Can I make momentum dependent on the variable I mentioned above without editing all weapons? Like, is there some function I can override for when a player is hit by a projectile?

Comment

Working...
          X