Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

modding UT to work with XBox controller??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modding UT to work with XBox controller??

I've wired an XBox controller to work on a PC. it works fine but I don't know how to make it work with UT2K3. Help!

Using a joystick/joypad for a FPS is an abomination before god.

... you should just be able to set it up like a regular joy pad... I presume you wired it into the USB port then used the XBox controller driver that I have seen floating around?

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing. The worse part is that FPS' on console are made to be slower because of the pads.

Why would you really want to use a game pad, let alone an X-Box. Also im pretty sure you can get USB X-Box gamepads and even connection changers/convertors, rather than actually wiring it.

Comment

Originally posted by OverDrive

... you should just be able to set it up like a regular joy pad... I presume you wired it into the USB port then used the XBox controller driver that I have seen floating around?
        is there a guide to rewire it or ?... and no I wouldent use it for ut, I wanna use it for gta vice city

Comment

The Driver

The Mod Guide (lots of pictures)

Comment

Have you ever heard of Halo? That COMPLETELY changed my idea of never using a gamepad for FPSs. I played it on the XBox and I was blown away at how easy it was to manuever and such. That's why I stole one from a friend and rewired it and now I play it on Halo PC and it works great. Now help me, dammit!

It's the XCtrl HID driver, not the crummy one you guys use.

Comment

I have played Halo... on PC. At a higher resolution, and frame rate. And using a mouse.
              Only after I played on PC did I try it on the XBox (I don't own any consoles....) It was awkward... very awkward, I just couldn't get the hang of it.
              Also take notice on how much slower Halo is, when you play just after you've got done a round or two of UT, it's can hard to stand how slow it is.

I stand by my 'FPS with joypads' comment.

Comment

Originally posted by OverDrive
                The Driver

The Mod Guide (lots of pictures)

sweet, thank you so much you saved GTA

Comment

Working...
                X