Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best Editor to use for coding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc_EDo
    It helps if you have syntax highlight, tabs to open several documents at once, line numbers and also a cool feature called FOLDING where the functions can be folded so that big classes can be overlooked and navigated more easy.

and what would be such a nice editor for unreal....I know intelliJ, best **** Java editor, but for unreal ??

Comment

Originally posted by Ganache
      and what would be such a nice editor for unreal....I know intelliJ, best **** Java editor, but for unreal ??
      http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
      But you need custom UScript syntax highlight that I made.
      PM me your email and I'll send it to you (9KB).

EDIT:
      I just found a way how to call ucc from the editor. :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_EDo
        http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
        But you need custom UScript syntax highlight that I made.
        PM me your email and I'll send it to you (9KB).

EDIT:
        I just found a way how to call ucc from the editor. :up:

Your PM box is FUL

and explain me how to call UCC from scite ?

could you send it to ganachex@hotmail.com

thx !

Comment

I didnt like any of them, so I wrote my own. Notepad with F keys for compiling, running, viewing logs, basic stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganache
            Your PM box is FUL

and explain me how to call UCC from scite ?

could you send it to ganachex@hotmail.com

thx !
            e-mail sent.

Comment

UMake was created to make compiling a matter of a simple keystroke from any text editor one might use for UnrealScript coding.

Comment

Originally posted by gw4043
                There's some pretty sweet GUI functionality built into UT2K3.

if you hit "CTRL ALT D" you can then CTRL CLICK any gui object inside the main one (they will turn white showing its hilighted)

Then if you hit the ALT key (dont let go of CTRL) you can move the selected object with your mouse.

You can re-size the guiObject using CTRL and the +/- symbols (keypad does width, other does height)

The coolest part is: You can now CTRL C while on a moved, resized object and then ALT TAB out of UT back into your editor and CTRL V the new properties!!

Pretty sweet schtuff!
                Anyone else get this to work?

"CTRL ALT D" is not doing anything. no white. This is in the Game itself right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kal-Corp
                  Anyone else get this to work?

"CTRL ALT D" is not doing anything. no white. This is in the Game itself right?
                  There is a prior step needed to make it work. Here's the original post by Dr. SiN about it:
                  >I know a bit about the GUIPage
                  >
                  > First things first.. all mod authors please do the following:
                  >
                  > In UT2003.ini under [XInterface.GUIController] add
                  >
                  > bModAuthor=true
                  >
                  > This will unlock the GUI placement and debug code. Once there, at any
                  > GUI page you can do the following..
                  >
                  > Press CTRL-ALT-D to enter design mode.
                  >
                  > Hold CTRL and click on any control on the page. The gui will
                  > highlight (from the outermost inward as you click) the different
                  > controls under the cursor. Once you have a control highlighted:
                  >
                  > CTRL+Cursors move the control
                  > CTRL+ -/= size Y
                  > CTRL+ +/- size X
                  > Holding ALT will size/move 5x faster. Holding ALT will also allow you
                  > to move the control via the mouse.
                  >
                  > Press CTRL-C to copy the dims/pos of the control to the clipboard.
                  >
                  >
                  > Makes designing menus much easier.
                  >
                  > A GUIPage is the main menu container that holds othe menu components.
                  > It's what the controller tracks on the top most level. To make a new
                  > menu, create a new page and start adding GUIComponents to it. The
                  > GUIComponents get defined in the default props and need to be
                  > assigned in order to the Controls[x] array. Hopefully that should
                  > get you off to a good start. I'll write a full tutorial after I get
                  > the patch out.
                  >
                  >
                  > Dr. SiN

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

See Unreal Wiki: GUIController.

Comment

F...

I've been doing it the SLOW WAY all this freaking time when the easy way was already known to me from the post!!!!
                        GDFS I should pay more attention.....

Comment

Bahaa, I don't even use notepad, I'm so far behind. I'm using windows ME dos shell EDIT command XD
                          Its actually quite useful for my needs.

Comment

I used HomeSite from early on for uscript (using a JS highlight) but now use WOTGREAL.
                            Although its a great idea, it really needs some work.
                            It has a huge overhead, some features are really anoying, and some are really great (the function/events lists is great but I hate the class linking)
                            Its still unstable and creates regurly 100% processor use crashes etc.

I can live with it, should spent some time checking customize options before I really judge it
                            but when its done its going to be a great editor and sure worth money.

Comment

Working...
                            X