Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any1 know how to enable health packs to collect over 199 limit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I tried replacing the combospeed with my own, and couldnt figure it out =/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    it happens after the combo ends
    so thats probably the reson, even if so, i only want to use the health thing for one reason so i just wont use the combo when im using it, thats all.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Code:
       GamePawn = class<Pawn>(DynamicLoadObject(Level.Game.DefaultPlayerClassName,class'Class'));
    MayContainNuts, could you explain what happens in this line?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does it reset to 200 when you start the combo, or after the combo expires?

The class ComboSpeed has the below code in it:
    Code:
    function StopEffect(xPawn P)
    {
        if (LeftTrail != None)
            LeftTrail.Destroy();

if (RightTrail != None)
            RightTrail.Destroy();

Level.Game.SetPlayerDefaults(P);
    }
    I'm assuming the Level.Game.SetPlayerDefaults(P); resets everything back to normal, and in doing so, resets the health to 200. You'd probably have to extend that class and add some code to the end to carry over what youe health was at the time you did the combo.

EDIT:

Some more code, heres the SetPlayerDefaults function

Code:
    function SetPlayerDefaults(Pawn PlayerPawn)
    {
        PlayerPawn.AirControl = PlayerPawn.Default.AirControl;
        PlayerPawn.GroundSpeed = PlayerPawn.Default.GroundSpeed;
        PlayerPawn.WaterSpeed = PlayerPawn.Default.WaterSpeed;
        PlayerPawn.AirSpeed = PlayerPawn.Default.AirSpeed;
        PlayerPawn.Acceleration = PlayerPawn.Default.Acceleration;
        PlayerPawn.JumpZ = PlayerPawn.Default.JumpZ;
        BaseMutator.ModifyPlayer(PlayerPawn);
    }
    I'm not positive how to do this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey i found a problem in the script (!)

When you use the adrenaline combo speed (only speed) it will set your health down to 200 if you have anything over 200. Anybody know a way to fix this?? It doesnt do this when you use booster. I havent tried the other camoflauge combo mutator yet to see if it works or not.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    nice job guys. I tried Dicky B's code and it works! Without that i would have never figured out how to do that. Thx! Now i can make everyone have 10,000 health! lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Haven't seen it for UT2k4, it was in UT2k3. I'm not sure the part(s) of code that was affected has been changed.. All I know is, changing it on spawn is good enough. You want anything else, maybe a custom pawnclass would work better?

Dicky B

Leave a comment:

• replied
    summon answers.Shag

Leave a comment:

• replied
    My guess is that the radar hud modified your GUI objects, and since GUI objects are used in the main menus, etc, that could be why the defaults weren't reset.

Maybe the reason that these things don't work the way I'd expect them to is because they're blocked? Maybe we aren't supposed to change the defaults on those classes, and in UT2003 it was permitted but resulted in what you explained above. Was this problem you're talking about in UT2003 or is it also in UT2004?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MayContainNuts
    Hmm, I didn't know that. I would have thought the changes you make to the defaults of a class would disappear as soon as the game ends, since it's not the actual source that's being changed. I thought that each time you started a new game it would reinitialize everything.
    All I know is, you can make a mutator that, once run, won't go away until you run another mutator to change stuff back, or restart. Even if you end match, deactivate mutator, and run another match. That Radar HUD did it, and it was not only a craptastic radar (useless, too), but it didn't go away.

Dicky B, so I think that changing default properties on stuff might not be such a hot idea for a mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dicky B
    if you fully mod the defaults of the pawn, won't that stay even if you disable the mutator later? I dunno, but I had a radar HUD that did that, and wouldn't go away until I restarted UT2k3.
    Hmm, I didn't know that. I would have thought the changes you make to the defaults of a class would disappear as soon as the game ends, since it's not the actual source that's being changed. I thought that each time you started a new game it would reinitialize everything.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I saw that it was up there and looked like it would work, so I modified GlowBoy to do exactly the same thing, and it worked, so I couldn't understand why it wouldn't for RC321, I guess I misread that post (the edit notes about something not working, guess he meant the other code). I dunno, just seeing if I could help.

Dicky B, not trying to repeat anyone, really, besides, if you fully mod the defaults of the pawn, won't that stay even if you disable the mutator later? I dunno, but I had a radar HUD that did that, and wouldn't go away until I restarted UT2k3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, Dicky B, if you'll notice there were a few posts in there with another method I thought might work, but it didn't. The one you posted is the one that we had working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We got it to work that way, ya. The other issue is trying to load it dynamically when the mutator runs instead of every time you spawn. I dont know how much overheard that would really be, if any, but still.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    CHEERS!

Thanks guys, i got it sorted now with all your info!

Cheers

Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X