UCC.exe sit there and chews up memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UCC.exe sit there and chews up memory?

Surely I'm not the only person this has happened to...

It just sits there and does nothing but chew up memory, until I end the process.

I can reapply the 2225 patch and UCC works fine again for an hour or two then it will not work (as described above) until I patch again. Patching every hour is annoying to say the least.

Anyone know why it's got gigantic memory leak issues, and why the patch fixes it only temporarily?

BTW, I'm using WOTgreal (2.803) and it's been suggested to me that it's to blame for this problem. I got no more info than that though, only "it's probably WOTgreal's fault."

Thanks.

If there is a chance that it may be WOTgreal, try and eliminate the possibility by running UCC manually from a command line, batch file, shortcut, or whatever you prefer. If it still doesn't work properly, then you'll know it's not WOTgreal. If it does work, then there's a good chance it is at fault.

Comment

and log output would also be usefull

Comment

I had the exact same problem a few weeks back and it drove me mad. I kept having to reapply the 2255 patch, until even that didn't even work anymore. So I tried installing a Norton Anti-virus and I had a nasty little viri called Win32.Parite (its called similar things with different scanners) and once I removed it ucc worked fine. Of course it might be a different viri that might be causing you the problems. But I'm sure it's virus related.

Comment

No log output. Like I said, it sits there and does nothing... except leak memory like nobody's business.

And it's not WOTgreal's fault either. Yesterday I made a little batch file and ran that instead of through the IDE, and sure enough, after a couple hours it started doing the same thing...

Comment

"After a couple hours" is a clear indication of a virus. Do a virus scan.

Comment

Well ****. I'm not one to care much about viruses... if I get a virus I'll just reformat and that'll be the end of it. Never seen evidence of a virus on any of my PC's for 7 years... (but I guess that I have had some, and they were well hidden and didn't affect anything... until now)

I ran a virus check and sure enough, it found Win32.Parite !!! Sneaky little ****er. How long have I had it? No idea. But it's apparently removed now. (www.pandasoftware.com)

Thanks a ton. I hope this solves it!

Comment

I never knew I had it either. Goes to show how useful anit-virus software is.

Comment

Working...
                X