Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Raptor thrust emitter Helpppppppppppp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor thrust emitter Helpppppppppppp

Need some help on rotating the thrust emitter from the raptor to 45 degrees what's the setting for this. I was reading something that said acceleration and adjust the z but didn't do anthing

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shot00048.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	3254102

Hi unrealloco, if you are subclassing the Raptor, take a lool at the lines "TrailEffects[i].SetRelativeRotation( rot(0,32768,0) );" in the 'DrivingStatusChanged' simulated event. You should be able to play with those rotation values to get what you want (without having to duplicating the model into another package and fiddling with the attachment points). You may need to "unroll" the TrailEffects 'for' loop to account for each side (e.g. if the left exhaust was pointing left, and the right exhaust to the right).

Comment

ill give it a try

Comment

that does the job i just have to figure out what to put it to is that still x y z in that order thanx meow

Comment

all i can say is grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol
          ill keep trying

Comment

Gimbal lock can be a problem with pitch-yaw-roll rotations. Try setting the 32768 value to something like 32760, then mess with the other two values, or maybe even try incrementing either the pitch or roll value by +1 each tick and setting the rotation by calling SetRelativeRotation again.

[EDIT] based on your screenshot maybe try something like this: rot(8192,32768,0) or rot(-8192,32768,0)
            I don't remember which order the rotation values are applied (pitch then yaw then roll -or- yaw then pitch then roll)

Comment

rot(8192,32768,0) got it really close thanks

Comment

rot(5192,32768,0) seems good thanx meowcat

Comment

Glad it worked for you! When you said 45 degrees, 8192 came to mind since 65536 Unreal Rotation Units = 360 degrees (2Pi etc.), 32768 URU=180, 16384 URU=90 etc.

When are you going to release that vehicle? (make sure to include exploded bits, damage mesh etc. for that nice "polished" feel)

Comment

dunno yet it still needs work, right now trying to figure out where to turn off the blades

and i have to retexture it but the damage mesh is made
                    this is the original texture it came with

Comment

For the damage mesh texture I usually just use one of the rusty metal textures (exported from humanoid text or from some free texture website), and then paint over the original skin in spots with a "splotchy" brush (I use JASC PaintshopPro), and maybe some dark, almost black, spots that look like burns. It seems like a lot of the base damaged textures just desaturated the color of base skin, then gave it a brownish hue with some dark burned spots.

Comment

The texture I used was one of the dead vehicle ones as a temp

Comment

Working...
                        X