DIR Console Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIR Console Command

I have read in several places that there is a console command called "DIR", but I have found zero documentation of it.
    It is not listed anywhere so I wonder what's the deal with it?

Thanks in advance.

In what places did you read it?

Comment

It's Win32 only and takes a single path name with wildcards to output a list of matching file system names. (Directory names are enclosed in square brackets in the output.) The last part of the path may contain the characters * for zero or more characters and ? for zero or one character. Paths are evaluated relative to the UT2004\System folder.

That said, it's not a command you will find useful for about anything. The output only makes sense when you type it at the console. In any other case the line breaks between output lines are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
        In what places did you read it?
        In here for example: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...46&postcount=3

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
        It's Win32 only and takes a single path name with wildcards to output a list of matching file system names. (Directory names are enclosed in square brackets in the output.) The last part of the path may contain the characters * for zero or more characters and ? for zero or one character. Paths are evaluated relative to the UT2004\System folder.

That said, it's not a command you will find useful for about anything. The output only makes sense when you type it at the console. In any other case the line breaks between output lines are missing.
        Thanks as always, could you also make an example please?

I really wonder why nobody has ever writen it down somewhere. Also the question arises whether there are other commands missing any notification.

Comment

Working...
        X