Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

accessing data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing data

Hi
    I managed to begin my new game type mod. I have created 2 files, one for the gametype and one for a custom HUD. I have a STRING variable globally declared in my gametype class. I would like to draw the content of this string from within my Hud class but I don,t know how to access the variable. I tried to do something like this but it's not working:

Code:
    drawtext( XDBM.MyString, false );
    any suggestions? I've searched in the game's .uc files but didnt find anything yet.

thanks for any info

XDBM(Level.Game).MyString

Comment

could you just not do.

c.drawtext( "text", false ); ???

that will display your text. or are you trying to have it display dynamic data?

Comment

I'm trying to display dynamic data!! I will try the method suggested above by Magus..

Meanwhile I've found a dirty way to access it

Code:
        foreach AllActors( class'xBDM',tempxbdm)
        it works but it's not very clean!

Comment

after doing some research. magus's way does work. it pulls what ever the mystring is.

Comment

it works but it's not very clean!
            It won't work as soon as you go online; your GameInfo actor isn't present on client-side. Put that data in a custom GameReplicationInfo subclass instead, replicate it and access it via the GRI variable in your HUD (and don't forget about typecasting).

Comment

Working...
            X