new GameType & Pickup problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new GameType & Pickup problems

I am currently working on a new bombing run gametype. I've noticed that players are no longer able to pick up items (health, weapons, ammo, etc). I'm pretty sure this problem is caused by something in my gametype, but I don't know if it is because I forgot to make a call to the superclass or if I've messed something up before the call to the superclass. (It may also be none of the above ) If anyone knows what function handles this sort of thing or knows of a common mistake that may be causing this issue, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Not sure how you got that one, pickups are independant of gametype, although you can config pickups from within a gametype not sure where your going wrong. Will need to see where you think your going worng, or some more info, like are bots picking them up, or are they just standing at the pickups location doing nothing.?

Just a little more detail may help.

Comment

pickups are independant of gametype
      I thought this, also, but if I use my SuperClass game type, everything works fine. If I use the subclass that I am working on (all else being equal), it doesn't work anymore.

The bots will run to a weapon pickup and stand there. If a ball carrier runs by them or someone hits them (with weapon fire) they will again behave normally (because of a change in state, I imagine). The pickup issue is true of both bots & players -- and I am using the stock PlayerController.

So, my hunch is that I messed up something that sets the inventory or am indirectly preventing it from notifying the bot that it has collected the pickup. I'm pretty sure it is in my GameType class and it may come down to removing each of my functions until I find the one causing the problem.

Comment

I just looked through everything again and found the problem -- a silly mistake.
        Code:
        function bool PickupQuery(Pawn Other, Pickup item)
        {
        	Super.PickupQuery(Other,item);
        }
        should be
        Code:
        function bool PickupQuery(Pawn Other, Pickup item)
        {
        	return Super.PickupQuery(Other,item);
        }

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X