No announcement yet.

[n00b] Basic vehicle mod: health + speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll give that a try sometime but I'm looking more for how to change vehicle scripts to produce faster vehicles, etc., rather than modify them via a mutator. And the lack of source code with the mutator means I can't really learn from it.

Thanks for the file though.

Comment

If you open a package in unrealed, via the actor class browser. Then export all scripts, you can get the source code for anything you open. It takes a little while but it decompiles it all for you, and puts them in those neat little packages in your UT2004 directory.

Then again there is always my favorite link. http://www.cdfunk.com/highnoon/ut2k4/overview.html

This gives the source for everything that is in UT2004, aside from most custom stuff. View in NO FRAMES for a better index.

Should fix your lack of source code problems.

Comment

Thanks, the link looks very useful. That's going straight on my bookmark list ^_^. I'm still having problems working out how to make my super leviathan go a decent speed though; by changing the torque curve I've made it able to practically climb a vertical wall, and by adjusting gear ratios and the TransRatio variable I've managed to make it go *slightly* faster, but if I increase anything further, it will barely move at all.

This is proving to be rather more complicated than I had hoped.

Comment

Remember, any child will inherit the properties of it's parent. Don't forget that you can also skip a generation. Meaning you can even go back to it's grandparents properties.

I haven't messed with vehicles myself, but I believe that everything is relative. Have you tried taking a default property such as GroundSpeed and giving it a value. GroundSpeed comes from the "pawn" class. Which if you look on the UnCodeX, is the great-great-great-grandfather of your class.

I could be wrong though, seems to me like it would work.

Comment

I've tried a few things I found in Pawn, Vehicle, etc. but so far haven't noticed any effects in modifying these. I'm familiar with object-oriented programming so I realised I could fiddle with these values, but I also figured that the leviathan is artificially slow, so anything I would need to modify its speed would be found in the DefaultProperties section of ONSMobileAssaultStation.

I haven't tried GroundSpeed specifically yet, so I'll give that a try and see if that changes anything.

Edit: Didn't affect anything. As I suspected, actual vehicle speed inherited from ONSWheeledCraft, appears to be a bit more complex, controlled by engine torque, gear ratios, and presumably a couple of other things which I'm missing.

Comment

Working...
            X