Want to make ragdoll/gib velocity modifier MUT.. guidance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to make ragdoll/gib velocity modifier MUT.. guidance please

I would like to make a mutator that can modify or add velocity to ragdolls and their gibs when they are spawned from a dead person. I want to make it so that when a person is killed, their ragdoll/gibs are thrown in the direction of the one who killed them.

If you could suggest some UTscripts classes to look at or a certain tutorial to go through, it would be great.

Thanks,

-Joel

ps. This would be for UT2004..

[EDIT]
    As a note to future would-be mutator makers:
    If you want to do something when someone is killed, you are going to extend GameRules.
    The BigHead Mutator is a perfect example of how this can be done.

So I am finally making progress with this mutator. We'll see when it gets done.

I am made this update an edit rather than posting again just so I can warn people not to extend/replace pawns in their mutators (the reason is that other mods may be replacing the pawn, and if you both try to, there will be problem).
    [/EDIT]

THIS IS THE WRONG WAY!! DO NOT DO THIS! :

Extend pawn (crazy, right?)
    Redefine function Died like:

Code:
    {
    if(Killer.Pawn != None)
     {
     vector directionToInstigator = Killer.Pawn.Location - Location;
     Velocity += directionToInstigator;
     }

Super.Died(...);
    }
    And then extend Mutator using the ReplaceWith function to replace the existing Pawn with the above one.

It seems kind of lame to replace Pawn though. I probably should just replace xPawn, although I would like to see this mutator to work for vehicles too.

Anyway, please tell me how far off base this is. I have not messed with UT2K4 mutators before, so I am kindof guessing.

Comment

Why not look at the Slow Death Mutator that comes with 2k4, and see how that's done?

Comment

Working...
      X