Vec emitter not being killed at end of round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vec emitter not being killed at end of round

I have a vec that uses an emitter, defined as 'beam'. I have the following code in the vehicle's class:

Code:
    simulated function Destroyed()
    {

If (Beam != None)
              Beam.Destroy();
         Super.Destroyed();
    }
    The problem is, that once in a while the emitter remains after the end of a round in ONS. I noticed that occasionally this happend to the dust effects of the manta, but I don't recall seeing that recently, so I figured it was fixed in an update. Any idea of why the beam would still be sticking around? Thanks, Greg.

[Edit] Fixed my retarded spelling errors. .

Try destroying it in DestroyAppearance() as well.

I've also seen that happen to Manta dust effects. Dunno why. Kinda hard to test.

Comment

Try destroying it in DestroyAppearance() as well.
      That's waht I was looking for when I was finishing up my warwing, , and I just couldn't find it. . Thanks. .

I've also seen that happen to Manta dust effects. Dunno why. Kinda hard to test.
      Then it is something in the game itself, , ,then I won't sweat it too much unless it happens constantly. I thought maybe it was something on my system maybe.. .

Comment

Yeah, that manta dust bug is annoying. The funniest thing is, I've seen it crop up on levels where I substituted out the Manta!!!

I've also seen "phantom headlights" that only appear from certain angles, but are attributed to no vehicle.

I was thinking of making a special "cleanup" mutator -- at the end of every round, it would go around and Kill() every Emitter that didn't have a proper owner. Any thoughts on that?

Comment

You'd kill the emitters that the mapper put in?

Comment

Working...
          X